I need help deciding...

Which should I go for?

• 226 reissue in matte black GH

• 226 reissue in grey

• 227 reissue in grey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 13, 2007
I currently own a black caviar jumbo in sh and would love to buy a 2nd but I'm not sure what to get. I previously passed on gst & m/l black caviar flap prior to the increase so I've narrowed down my options to:

226 reissue in matte black in gh
or
226 reissue in grey
or
227 reissue in grey

This will probably be my 2nd and very last purchase because of the price hikes so I would like to make the right decision. Are the reissues durable and is it easy to maintain?

oops, i voted for the 227 in grey, but i meant to vote for 226 in grey. the jumbo and 227 are very similar in size (227 is very slightly larger). 226 can go from day to night, so it would be a great choice for you. it's a beautiful bag, congrats on whichever you choose.

Onemorechanel & Mediana, thank you for your responses. I love grey now but fear that years from now, I'll regret not getting the black one since it's so chic with gold hardware. Would a grey reissue be as timeless as a black reissue?

hmm...tough choice...i have a black 226 with silver hw and i love it, but i've been waiting for a grey bag for a while. i was at the soho store yesterday and tried on the grey 227 next to my 226, and i have to say...i love it. are 2 reissues too many? no, but my next purchase will be a maxi classic, probably.

back to you, like i said, the grey is really nice and goes from winter to summer, and from day to night. you can't go wrong with that one...that being said, you can never have too many black bags.

either way, you will be making the right choice.

I have a black distressed 226 w/GH. I love it but I would REALLY like to have one in light grey too. Not the new lambskin one but the distressed.

As OMC wrote. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose. They are both great colors.

i'm between black & grey 226, but leaning to black more. i think jumbo shw could be your casual chanel (for me grey is casual too), black reissue ghw for dressier occasions... btw, i got both blacks! :amuse:

I'm still undecided as everyone has a good point & 100 % agree with purse-nality. Perhaps 226 black reissue would be it. The funny thing is that I purchased the black 226 reissue before increase but thought of grey so I returned it.

Grey all the way... grey reissue is TDF esp. when you already have a black flap. ;)

p.s. U already returned the black reissue once for grey... isn't that tell u sumtin??? lol

^it's totally normal to be indecisive about Chanels! They are all so gorgeous and can be worn in their own ways, so the choice is always such a difficult one.

I voted for the grey 226 based on personal preference: I prefer the 226 over the 227 size cos the 227 looks a little too big on me; also I feel that the grey would round out your collection a little better than the matte black (but this is also personal preference, cos many girls have multiple Chanels in black, but I prefer a multi-colored collection!)

All 3 bags you're choosing between are really pretty, there's no way that you could go wrong. I have the matte black reissue with ghw and absolutely adore it, it's the most used bag in my Chanel collection, so I can totally vouch for this bag. I think it comes down to how you plan to use your bags (casual? evening?) and how you see your collection shaping up. GL! Let us know what you decide!

Last edited: