Too matchy matchy?

motto

Sep 23, 2010
I have Grey tall boots and a big Grey shopper style purse that matches perfectly. Will it look okay? I am not sure if its too old school to match like that especially if its not the classic black or brown.

personally i don't usually do it but i've seen it done. i think the look is fine.
funny...my purse color match to my shoes today (navy blue)...i didn't realize it until i read your thread. :lol:

The question of matchy matchy is on my mind. What about wearing shoes in the exact same fabric of the dress. I mean like they literally took the left over fabric of the dress and made shoes. Do-able?

It doesn't sound bad... I wouldn't do it with a red bag and shoes but with something that is a "normal" color for shoes like gray or brown I think it's pretty unavoidable at times to end up with a matching purse/shoes.

I have Grey tall boots and a big Grey shopper style purse that matches perfectly. Will it look okay? I am not sure if its too old school to match like that especially if its not the classic black or brown.

I get a kick out of having a bag that matches my boots. I almost bought a BCBG bag solely because it matched a pair of boots. lol As long as the rest of your outfit has different colors you are fine. As another poster mentioned looking monochromatic is when you've hit that matchy matchy overload.

The question of matchy matchy is on my mind. What about wearing shoes in the exact same fabric of the dress. I mean like they literally took the left over fabric of the dress and made shoes. Do-able?

That would seem weird to me.