Help me pick a Kelly

maramia

Jan 26, 2010
Rouge Garance Epsom 32cm with Gold HW (Ridgide) or Rouge H Vache Liegee Leather 35cm with Gold HW (Souple)?

Want one that I can dress up/down. This will be my first - and probably only Kelly - for a while. Thanks.

This is a tough one. I love both colors. Rough H in Vache Ligee is a great color. Has more brown undertone. It may be a bit big to dress up with, even though the color is more neutral. I wear a rouge H 35 box souple as my everyday bag because it holds a lot. I also like more structured bags even if they are souple. I don't think I would dress up with a 35 though.

Rigide looks more formal IMO. I love both styles. The 32 rigide may serve its purpose. Rouge G is a gorgeous red.

I read your thread yesterday but had to think about it before I posted a response.

I would go with the Rouge H.

For me, I'm not a huge fan of Epsom (I was offered an Epsom Bougeinvillea Birkin 30 but I turned it down).

I looked at both bags on Portero and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rouge H bag. It's absolutely stunning! Go for it :biggrin:

Thanks! I am about the pull the trigger on the 35. I am not a fan of Epsom either and the Rouge H is starting to tug at my heart-strings. I am only concerned about condition and price, and whether the less-than-perfect condition is worth the 2K or so discount.

Thanks! I am about the pull the trigger on the 35. I am not a fan of Epsom either and the Rouge H is starting to tug at my heart-strings. I am only concerned about condition and price, and whether the less-than-perfect condition is worth the 2K or so discount.

I think Portero has a pretty reasonable return policy, if I'm not mistaken. If you are unhappy with it's condition, you can either return it altogether or try and convince them to give you a partial credit (perhaps refund $1,000 or so to your credit card).