My New "Little Palm"... i.e. Palmetto Goatskin Mini Cabat

Miss_FancyBags

Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 24, 2008
I have a confession: When I would look at all of the available mini cabat colors and put them in order of my favorites, the Palmetto would usually end up last. I mean, with Ink and Orchid, how could any color(s) compete? Only thing was, my eye kept going back to this multi colored mini cabat. It was an unexplainable magnetic attraction.

When the most current list of Hawaii Mini Cabat Inventory was displayed (http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta-shopping/mini-cabat-inventory-in-hawaii-608224.html), the (my) Palmetto was no longer showing as available.

I felt a bit of relief initially because I had just bought a nero mini cabat last month:
http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/from-hawaii-with-love-618844.html

To convince myself that this mini cabat was no big deal, I took my laptop with a picture of the Palmetto on it to my closet to prove that it didn't coordinate with my wardrobe. Well, that was a horrible idea because it worked surprisingly well with quite a few outfits. At that point, I gave up resisting ("resistance is futile" to Borg and BV it seems) and contacted B in Hawaii who said there was one waiting for me with my name on it. And...here she is!

Attachments

• palmetto cabat 002.JPG
    palmetto cabat 002.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 365
  • palmetto cabat 005.JPG
    palmetto cabat 005.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 250
  • palmetto cabat 006.JPG
    palmetto cabat 006.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 223
Here are some closeups...the weather is kind of iffy so the lighting isn't the best. I think I like this better than my nero!

Due to a big project I'm working on, I won't be taking anymore pictures, but the forum has quite a few good ones already! :biggrin:

Attachments

• palmetto cabat 010.JPG
    palmetto cabat 010.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 208
  • palmetto cabat 011.JPG
    palmetto cabat 011.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 202
:yahoo: Wow! Beautiful. :yahoo:

I love my multi color striped bomb of a bag. It will go with way more than you think. Congrats!

Thanks, BL - you are so right!

Thanks, Boxermom! I had to get this before they were all gone. I wish the mini wouldn't go away but now I'm out of bag spending money for a long time so it would not be a good thing for a "Moon mini" to suddenly be produced :nuts:

Miss_FancyBags- congratulations. i love that cabat and loved it when it first came out. love the goat skin and all the colors and the ebano handles. just perfect. i think it will go with a ton of things. good to know it is no longer available.

Miss_FancyBags- congratulations. i love that cabat and loved it when it first came out. love the goat skin and all the colors and the ebano handles. just perfect. i think it will go with a ton of things. good to know it is no longer available.

Thanks, Annie9999! I think there still may be a few left of this one since I had a few choices of numbers for the bag. The thread here shows it wasn't available, but I just think that the palmetto just wasn't included in update of available minis (just in case you're interested...) The goat is fabulous - structured and sturdy but with that amazing leather smell! :nuts:

Last edited: