The Alma Design

Forsyte

Dec 15, 2009
Does anyone know if the Alma design is LVs original design? Or is it a design that many companies just often used in the past?
Because I saw a similar style at another store and I was wondering about this.

Does anyone know if the Alma design is LVs original design? Or is it a design that many companies just often used in the past?
Because I saw a similar style at another store and I was wondering about this.

The Alma design is a LV classic. Often imitated but can never be duplicated! :P;) I have bags by other designers with a similar shape, but they weren't first with it...LV's Alma has been around for a very, very long time.

I was curious about this too, since I just got an Alma in Vernis. I had a Dooney in a similar shape a few years ago and it actually slouched and was a pain to lug around and zip up, because it slouched so much. The Vernis Alma I just got seems to be stiffer and holds its shape better and so it is much easier to use.

I probably would. I think the Alma is unique because it is very structured. It will just depend on the bag. If you wanted a structured look, then LV Alma is probably my top choice. If you still want the dome look but softer leather, then the YSL muse is a very good option. I know Prada also made a dome satchel, and Marc by Marc jacobs has the Aidan satchel, which is also very similar and really affordable. I've never seen it IRL though.