I fell in love with Downtown

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
I have to admit, when it came out I did not feel anything for it, but then I saw the one in purple/grey degrade colours and bought. Amazing tote which became my main bag. I could not resist this gorgeous color - dark red:

attachment.php

my old one

attachment.php

Congrats vesna! I've seen that red color IRL and it is so rich and gorgeous. :tup:

Looks like a small Downtown? How do you like that size? I switched to the small a few months ago and love it. Holds a lot.

Congrats vesna! I've seen that red color IRL and it is so rich and gorgeous. :tup:

Looks like a small Downtown? How do you like that size? I switched to the small a few months ago and love it. Holds a lot.

Ooooooooooh, Cosmo, you just saved my life !!!!!!

I payed and read your message and suddenly occured to me that I misread the dimensions

their measure was 8¾"W X 12"H X 7¾"D

and I measured my medium DT and the bottom had 8¾"W X 7¾"D.

Not believing that the bag is actually so small (but I DID NOT ask :shame:smile:, I assumed they measured the bottom of the medium which is just about right.

I just got my refund a minute ago, because I have enough small bags and for $900, I thought I was getting another MEDIUM DT, that is absolutelly my size, because I carry totes to work with plenty of papers

so, the hunt is on again, that gorgeous red escaped for now :crybaby:

and Cosmo, THANKS !!!! I just saved myself from finding it out when I pay all customs duties, thanks a lot:ty:

at least my new Marni arrived from Portero, and it is more gorgeous than I imagined, softest rugged lookng but gentle coloured lamb with a patent pocket which look so vintage + funky at the same time with frame and handle, just perfect bag and I needed one in exactly these colours (Y-mail wallet will go great in it):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

^Well, glad I could help. Sorry it didn't work out. Judging Downtown sizes online can be so confusing (even for us experts lol) because the bag is triangular shaped, wider at the top than the bottom. I always go by the HEIGHT measurement only. If the bag is 12" high its definitely a small. Looks like a small too in that picture.

DOWNTOWN SIZES:
Large = 17'' H x 11'' W x 8'' D
Medium = 14'' H x 10'' W x 8'' D
Small = 12" H X 10" W X 8" D

Ooooooooooh, Cosmo, you just saved my life !!!!!!

I payed and read your message and suddenly occured to me that I misread the dimensions

their measure was 8¾"W X 12"H X 7¾"D

and I measured my medium DT and the bottom had 8¾"W X 7¾"D.

Not believing that the bag is actually so small (but I DID NOT ask :shame:smile:, I assumed they measured the bottom of the medium which is just about right.

I just got my refund a minute ago, because I have enough small bags and for $900, I thought I was getting another MEDIUM DT, that is absolutelly my size, because I carry totes to work with plenty of papers

so, the hunt is on again, that gorgeous red escaped for now :crybaby:

and Cosmo, THANKS !!!! I just saved myself from finding it out when I pay all customs duties, thanks a lot:ty:

Oh Vesna, we were almost bag twins!! I hope you find your medium Brulee soon!

^Well, glad I could help. Sorry it didn't work out. Judging Downtown sizes online can be so confusing (even for us experts lol) because the bag is triangular shaped, wider at the top than the bottom. I always go by the HEIGHT measurement only. If the bag is 12" high its definitely a small. Looks like a small too in that picture.

DOWNTOWN SIZES:

dear Cosmo, this is exactly where I went wrong. So much time on the forum, and besides, I am a Physics professor !!!!! Such an error in measurement ????? For $900 ? Appalling :shame:

luckily bondny was more than helpful

DOWNTOWN SIZES:

Totally agree! I feel like I've looked at a hundred Downtown bags online - and unless it's the large I can never tell between the small and medium size - even when seller gives the measurements! But great tip on measuring the height.