40% off unrepairable bag and they KEEP the bag?

COHgirl

I'm a real Girl now!
O.G.
Nov 15, 2009
I was at the Factory Store the other day and noticed a girl bringing in a bag. She said it had problems, (I don't know what was wrong with it) and ended up buying another bag with a discount. We got to talking before she left and she said they gave her the discount but kept the bag.

Is this the policy because her old damaged bag was Factory???

I have an old heritage stripe tote with the color transfer on the handles. I took it to the full price store and they said they would give me 40% off my next bag and I got to keep the bag.

I was at the Factory Store the other day and noticed a girl bringing in a bag. She said it had problems, (I don't know what was wrong with it) and ended up buying another bag with a discount. We got to talking before she left and she said they gave her the discount but kept the bag.

Is this the policy because her old damaged bag was Factory???

Just wanted to mention that the bag was evaluated at the store, it was never sent any where.

^ For color transfer? super cool that they did that but I would not consider color transfer a manufacturing defect.

My heritage stripe bag was one of the old pink ones with cloth handles. The color transfer was not from me or my clothes. The pink leather dye from the bag itself rubbed off all over the handles. They said it was because it wasn't sealed properly.

It seems like it is a case by case basis now. I got my bag back and a 30% off letter yesterday at the boutique.

Why 30%? Is the letter now 30% instead of 40%?

My heritage stripe bag was one of the old pink ones with cloth handles. The color transfer was not from me or my clothes. The pink leather dye from the bag itself rubbed off all over the handles. They said it was because it wasn't sealed properly.

oh gotcha! I thought your were talking about color transfer from clothing.