Birkin Shaped Silly Bandz!

ariluvya21

Nov 29, 2009
For those of you who have children (and those of you who don't live under a rock) the latest craze for kids are called Silly Bandz. They are rubber bands that you wear on your wrists that are shaped like animals, modes of transportation, and other random shapes. I've been lucky in that my nieces and nephews have not tried forcing them upon me. Although, I wouldn't mind if they bought me the latest Silly Bandz shape...

Behold, the Birkin shaped Silly Bandz, which are apparently limited edition:

http://thegloss.com/odds-and-ends/there-are-birkin-shaped-silly-bandz-if-you-cant-afford-a-birkin/

Attachments

• sillybandzbirkin.jpg
    sillybandzbirkin.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 99
For those of you who have children (and those of you who don't live under a rock) the latest craze for kids are called Silly Bandz. They are rubber bands that you wear on your wrists that are shaped like animals, modes of transportation, and other random shapes. I've been lucky in that my nieces and nephews have not tried forcing them upon me. Although, I wouldn't mind if they bought me the latest Silly Bandz shape...

Behold, the Birkin shaped Silly Bandz, which are apparently limited edition:

http://thegloss.com/odds-and-ends/there-are-birkin-shaped-silly-bandz-if-you-cant-afford-a-birkin/

my teenage fashion-obsessed daughter will love these-thank you! she wears silly bandz-even wore them to a show at fashion week with my borrowed kelly.
starbucks booth at fashion week actually gave them away too!
so cute and well, silly!

my teenage fashion-obsessed daughter will love these-thank you! she wears silly bandz-even wore them to a show at fashion week with my borrowed kelly.
starbucks booth at fashion week actually gave them away too!
so cute and well, silly!

If you find a place to buy the Birkin Silly Bandz, let me know, because I can't find them anywhere!

I must live under a rock because I have never even heard of these before! lol!

Other than for wearing on the wrist, what else could they be used for? Do they lose their shape (to me a rubber band is soft and pliable)?

Other than for wearing on the wrist, what else could they be used for? Do they lose their shape (to me a rubber band is soft and pliable)?

I think they are strictly for wearing on the wrist, as far as I know. Although, I'm sure if you are creative, you could figure out a way to create a bag charm with them!

I think they are strictly for wearing on the wrist, as far as I know. Although, I'm sure if you are creative, you could figure out a way to create a bag charm with them!

I was thinking more on the lines of a collage. That is why I was wondering if they retained their shape ;)

Ranag, people from 3 to 70 seems to be wearing them on their wrist like bangles. The more the better seems to be the rage. Of course, once they are on your wrist you can not tell the original shape, but when taken off, they spring back to their original design.:biggrin:

I can't think of anything else that they could be used for, but they don't lose their shape----they just spring right back when you take them off your wrist.

We have a handful for my DS. [But in pirate shapes, not Birkins.;)]

^^^^
Thanks gals!

I honestly have never ever seen these anywhere before (I have no kids though, so I probably wouldn't notice). Very interesting that they spring back into shape.

That design is in the princess themed pack.

Thanks mistikat but how come none of the websites that have pictures of what is inside the Princess pack show the Birkin shape? All the sites are only showing a princess, shoe, diamond ring, crown, castle and wand for the Princess pack.

Last edited: