If you were buying an Icare or similar, would you go mono or damier?

Mono or Damier?

• Mono

• Damier

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaded

<3
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
If you were considering buying an Icare (or similar type of bag), would you go mono or damier? Assume you were probably going to carry it to work.

I love the mono, but the logical side of me says that damier would be so low-maintenance since there's no vachetta. But still, a lot of people use keepalls and other bags with vachetta without any issues.

Which would you go for?

Edited to add: If you would pick damier, is it for the style or for the practicality (or both!)?

Last edited:
I picked the Damier because i like the look of it more. My BIL has an Icare in Damier bought last year and uses it everyday for work -- it still looks new until now. I don't think you can say the same thing about the mono Icare after a few years.

I picked the Damier because i like the look of it more. My BIL has an Icare in Damier bought last year and uses it everyday for work -- it still looks new until now. I don't think you can say the same thing about the mono Icare after a few years.

Ooh, do you have any pictures of the bag? And you are right that damier definitely looks new even years later. But when you say you don't think the mono would, do you mean because it would patina giving away it's age, or do you think the vachetta portions would actually have damage, etc.?

The Icare is already masculine in Monogram. Doesn't hurt to make it just that bit cooler :P Carry it without the strap ;)

Lol :P I'm going to check it out in person today. I do love the low maintenance of the damier because I will be using it rain or shin, in snowy weather, etc. I will probably have to use the strap sometimes when carrying it to work. It seems like such a great, functional bag.