Arts & Crafts My DIY custom aisle runner!!

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
I'm not too crafty but I decided to go ahead and give this a go. Our aisle is huge, it measures at 5 feet wide and 80 feet long. Most aisle runners are only 3 feet (3 1/2 if you're lucky) wide. So I had to special order this fabric. Anyhoos, I decided to go ahead and give this a go and do it ourselves. Our friend (who I'll call, "N") was an art major so he helped a lot. He free handed EVERYTHING. I told him to just print our the monogram and then trace it but he was being stubborn and wanted to do it his way. Took forever to trace it but the tracing came out nice still. Now we started to paint but we can't finish because we have to let the paint dry before we move it to start on the bottom section. Oh and I should add, I actually mixed the paint myself to get that color!! I just used red, blue, and white acrylic paint.

I have some photos for you guys if ya wanna see what we've done so far.

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

Last edited:
A few more photos:

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

Once it dries tomorrow, I'll continue to paint the bottom of the "R" and our names and dates in black at the bottom. 'll update more as we progress. Thanks for letting me share.

wow very cool!!!
as an artist.... marking all of that off with tape would drive me insane!! lol your friend is a saint!!

by the way - who's the lucky duck that gets to get rid of all the pencil marks once the entire thing is finished?? ;)