City, First or Town

Which BBag would you recommend for a first-time buyer?

• First RH

• City RH

• Town RH

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aniski

Save me Superman!
Dec 29, 2009
Hello Bal lovers!
I am new to Bal and am debating which one I should get. I really like the looks of the First, City and Town. I need recommendations though. I am 5' 2" and so I don't want a bag that's too big. I want something in darker colors and regular hardware...possibly covered.

Also, is there a different name for the Town? I can't seem to find it on the Bal website...

I am about 5 ft and found the City to be a tad too big for me, so if you are not into the big bag look, city may not be for you.

between town and first, I will suggest getting a Town if you are looking for a dark colour bag, if you are looking for a bright color, it will look really pretty in a First

Good luck!

I voted City. I'm 5'3" and I don't think it's too big for me. It really depends on how much you carry. A First is too small for my day to day needs. A Town is in between the First and City size wise. If it's possible I would recommend checking them out IRL. When I first started looking at Bbags I thought a First would be fine and I liked the shape but once I saw it IRL I knew it would never work for me, it could only be a special occasion bag when I only carry the bare minimums.The town may not be on Bal.com their website kind of stinks it doesn't show all the different styles on it. A lot of the time it lists colors that they don't even have, once you select a color it will tell you that it's unavailable. Why list it if you don't have it?!

I'm 5'2" and the City is perfect for me. I also have older Work bags that I love to carry. (The older ones are very broken in and have more slouch and therefor seem smaller)

But the city is for sure the right choice. Isn't the Town too long of a strap?

I was not attracted to the city at first at all, but I wanted one as I wanted to know what all the fuss was about:smile:
I have to say it is the most useful bag I ever had, size wise it is perfect, not too heavy, just perfect.

here darl... see here for reference and comments for the town. http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/out-on-the-town-the-town-club-573845.html

If you are looking to purchase, go to ******.

I have always been a city fan cos the size is perfect. But i'm a mommy now and the shoulder strap is too short to crossbody, so i just ordered the town cos of the long strap.

The Balenciaga TPF forum is the best resource!

Thank you for the link and info!! I am going to stalk this forum a lot more in the coming weeks!! I need me a BBag!! :biggrin: