i'm in LVoe, but can i make a pit stop by [H]eaven

r.b_boi

O.G.
Jul 17, 2010
Hi everyone,

i haven't posted here in a while, as i've been working a lot lately. As i've mentioned in posts before i am going on a shopping trip in december to paris. i initially thought of getting the keepall 45 in every permanent collection canvas/leather. that was until i saw a pic of a man carrying a birkin. I fell back in love with the hermes. i started a poll under the bags subforum and the general consensus is to get a birkin or HAC. I figured i would ask you all, if given the choice would you get several keepalls or a birkin/hac? does anyone have both, if so which do you prefer?

Both are quality bags, yes, however i was reading the about the service offered by hermes and it seems they are willing to do more in regards to repairing/maintaing bags than vuitton. Am i mistaken in this assumption?

thank you all in advance for your help.

Love the look of a H birkin and it is a dreambag but for me, a keepall -> I will probably still choose LV over H due to functionality reason. For every good service rendered, I believe it comes with a price. Guess this is subjective.

Keepall...why settle for just one when you can have several bags? I think the Birkin is a great bag but if it's my only bag, I'd get sick of it still.

and the birkin votes continue. I think the choice is very clear.

can u post pics?

sure, there are several i'm looking at, they are attached below.

Keepall...why settle for just one when you can have several bags? I think the Birkin is a great bag but if it's my only bag, I'd get sick of it still.

which is what i was thinking at first, but i have the keepall in mono already and i would be able to get another ka as soon as february (just in time for my birthday)

Birkin definitely! You are lucky if they let you buy one.

i hope they do, too. I was told diligence is the answer, if i dont succeed the first time...try try and try again...which is just what i plan to do. I also plan to pick up a belt, some couple of scarves, and MAYBE a pair of shoes...i'm thinking if i start with those i could possible finagle a birkin in there as well. And too, the hermes in paris get shipments several times a day so i could just go back at different times. AHHH i'm sooo excited, wish me luck :yahoo:

can u post pics?

oops, i forgot to post the pics...

the first is a 50 if i remember correctly (please correct me if i'm wrong). I love the color (gold i believe), how it is slightly slouchy so it seems a little more casual, and how massive it is.

both an HAC (left) and birkin (right) are featured for comparison.

the third is the same size in black, i'm not sure of the leather.

the fourth is an example of the iconic orange color i am also considering (along with black and gold)...please disregard the size, it is a 35 and too small for me imho (a purse for only females)

and i'll leave you with a pic of it in use

Attachments

• b01042.jpg
    b01042.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 40hac50-7.jpg
    40hac50-7.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 93
  • travel birkin.jpg
    travel birkin.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 35birkoranges1.jpg
    35birkoranges1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 100
  • Mervyna.jpg
    Mervyna.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
and the birkin votes continue. I think the choice is very clear.

can u post pics?

sure, there are several i'm looking at, they are attached below.

which is what i was thinking at first, but i have the keepall in mono already and i would be able to get another ka as soon as february (just in time for my birthday)

Birkin definitely! You are lucky if they let you buy one.

i hope they do, too. I was told diligence is the answer, if i dont succeed the first time...try try and try again...which is just what i plan to do. I also plan to pick up a belt, some couple of scarves, and MAYBE a pair of shoes...i'm thinking if i start with those i could possible finagle a birkin in there as well. And too, the hermes in paris get shipments several times a day so i could just go back at different times. AHHH i'm sooo excited, wish me luck :yahoo:

Eh...I don't get why a Hermes Birkin is the dream bag of so many people. It just doesn't do it for me. Obviously it's what you really want though, so if it's within reach then why not?

Eh...I don't get why a Hermes Birkin is the dream bag of so many people. It just doesn't do it for me. Obviously it's what you really want though, so if it's within reach then why not?

i've been infatuated with this since i saw the picture or roger feder back when mens vogue first came out (first issue if my memory isn't failing me). I was smitten, at the time i knew hardly anything about the hermes birkin (surprisingly)...i wrote it off as unattainable in this lifetime, that was until i ran across the picture again and remembered how good a guy can look with a birkin.

i'm not completely focused on the birkin (its a toss up with the hac as well...big difference...i know, i know lol). Honestly, the craftsmanship, subtlety, and the fact that i don't see too many around is really the selling point for me.