VERY IMPORTANT - Help me pick a cabin size travel piece!

EmilyK

Somewhat in control
Jan 7, 2007
So, I need a bag for weekend trips. I need something that will fit in the cabin, and from browsing on eLuxury I've narrowed it down to:

Monogram Canvas - Alma Voyage MM
Monogram Canvas - Carryall
Damier Canvas - Ribera GM - $1250

1. I haven't seen any of these bags in person yet. Are they all comparable size and would fit in a cabin? (First class... a little more room than coach).

I don't own ANYTHING in Damier. ALL of my pieces are in Monogram canvas. I was kind of thinking I'd like my travel pieces to match my handbag, but how do monogram canvas and damier look together? I ADORE the shape of the Ribera, and like the dark handle. Might be better for traveling...

Let me know, guys!!!

AHHH, and approximate prices would be cool. I'm at work and can't call LV atm :cursing: I'm going to LV on Thursday (I'm going to have to wear blinders like a horse so I don't pick up anything else...) and am going on my Los Angeles trip on Friday AM!

edit: found some prices on elux!

B000FCI6L8.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V55198686_.jpg

Alma

(Still looking for Carryall pic... Yuex has one!)

p10333706_ph_hero.jpg

Ribera

I just bought the Carryall but haven't used it on a trip yet. However, it will definately can be used as carry-on luggage. The Carryall has feet on the bottom which is nice if you have to tuck it under the seat in front of you.

I just bought the Carryall but haven't used it on a trip yet. However, it will definately can be used as carry-on luggage. The Carryall has feet on the bottom which is nice if you have to tuck in under the seat in front of you.

Ah, thanks, good to know! :yes:

I am just so drawn to the Ribera, which is really odd because I've never been terribly attracted to Damier before. I just love the shape...

i love the ribera, i've been meaning to get it for years! but something else always comes up and it's like it'll always be there so it'll probably be aaages until i get it..

i love the ribera, i've been meaning to get it for years! but something else always comes up and it's like it'll always be there so it'll probably be aaages until i get it..

Woot, one vote for Ribera.

I agree, and I think I need to bite the bullet and get a piece of luggage or I'll just keep putting it off forever. Having an upcoming trip is really putting me in the mood to buy a piece...!

Woot, one vote for Ribera.

I agree, and I think I need to bite the bullet and get a piece of luggage or I'll just keep putting it off forever. Having an upcoming trip is really putting me in the mood to buy a piece...!

the only problem with the ribera is that it might not quite fit the dimensions for cabin baggage. i can't remember what its dimensions are but they're getting really strict so you'd want to check for sure, i wouldn't want to squish it or worse, check it in :wtf: