Tell me abou your Luxury Ligne Bowler..

pixel

Jun 30, 2006
I'm looking at getting a deer skin luxury black bowler but I know that it comes in calf and goat skin as well.

I've read the threads about the difference btw goat and deerskin so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me about the durability and shape holding of the deer and calf skin.

O and if anyone has seen any deerskin lying around? ! Thanks a lot gals! :heart:

At this point I don't think the black DEERskin luxe bowler (from fall '06) is still available, at least in the US. I hope I'm wrong on this, but I've called just about every single store in the US (Chanel 1-800, Nordstrom, countless Saks & NM, Hirshleifer's) and everyone has confirmed so far that the black deerskin is completely sold-out in their system. I've even thought about ordering it from an overseas Chanel (maybe Chanel in Hong Kong?) but customs fees might be quite troublesome.

The metallic black goatskin (fall '06 version) bowler should still be available in a few stores though.

There have been several highly informative threads already on the differences betw. deerskin & metallic goatskin leather on the luxe bowler -- try do a search on "chanel deerskin luxury bowler" and you can see the picture-by-picture comparisons posted by Roey.....very helpful in deciphering the differences betw. the leather texture. I love the deerskin version and just wish I could find one!

^ Yep, I remember there was a thread with comparitive pictures of both. To sum it up though, the deerskin holds it's shape better whereas the goatskin started to get warped on the sides. Nothing too terrible, but it could be bothersome if you like your bags to keep it's shape.

I have the goatskin and it is a little "wavy" on the sides, but I still love it. I don't think it detracts from the beauty of the bag at all. I like the sheen on the goatskin compared to the deerskin.

I had the goatskin and returned it for a deerskin. And now I dont know if I want the deerskin. Thinking about returning it. I am glad to hear that the deerskin holds up better than the goatskin. Maybe I will keep it now. I am driving myself crazy with this bag!! You girls who own one, do you love it or is it just okay? Is it comfortable?

I *love* my black deerskin bowler! I bought both the deerskin and goatskin and was able to compare them side by side for a week. The goatskin is gorgeous to look at but wasn't practical to carry, at least for me. The deerskin leather is super comfortable.

I posted pics of both bags side by side in a thread here. If you do as search for Side-by-Side Comparison of Deer and Goat Luxury Bowler it should come up.

I had the goatskin and returned it for a deerskin. And now I dont know if I want the deerskin. Thinking about returning it. I am glad to hear that the deerskin holds up better than the goatskin. Maybe I will keep it now. I am driving myself crazy with this bag!! You girls who own one, do you love it or is it just okay? Is it comfortable?
how did you find the deerskin? I heard they were sold out everywhere!!! could you please let me know where you found yours? i bought the calfskin, but i'm dying to find a deerskin instead!

I was in Las Vegas and went to the Neiman's there and it was sitting on the Shelf. They had 2 left. It was about a month ago if that long. I do like it better than the goatskin, but I just bought another Chanel that is very similar with the chain on the bag, and I have the other luxury bags, so I don't know if Ishould keep this one even though I love it. I was not aware it is in such demand. I had heard the goatskin was the one that everyone wanted.

I was in Las Vegas and went to the Neiman's there and it was sitting on the Shelf. They had 2 left. It was about a month ago if that long. I do like it better than the goatskin, but I just bought another Chanel that is very similar with the chain on the bag, and I have the other luxury bags, so I don't know if Ishould keep this one even though I love it. I was not aware it is in such demand. I had heard the goatskin was the one that everyone wanted.

hmm, i went to neimans about two weeks ago, and they said there was nothing left:crybaby: hmm, is your goatskin in metallic black or matte black?