Keepall? Box? Bag? So many questions...

I'm new here and I wanted to start off by saying I just LOVE this site! I don't remember how I stumbled upon it but all the people here are nice and great. No one is mean or snobby. I LOVE IT!!!

For quite some time now I have been going to the Louis Vuitton store on the Champs-Elysees (I live in Paris) and I've been just staring in absolute aww at all the products. Well I have been saving up for quite a bit of time now to be able to buy my first Louis Vuitton. My budget is 600 euros max. At the moment I'm reallllllllly into the Damier Keepall without strap (I'll use it as a carry-on). I looked around for information but all the topics I found were about the stores in the USA or Asia. I just have a few questions (cough*manyactually*cough)
In the Champs-Elysees store in Paris (or the avenue Montaigne one) can you get your initials heat stamped/painted for free?
Does the keepall come with a lock and luggage tag or do you have to spend more?
Is there a box/dust bag big enough to hold it? Do you have to ask for the box/dust bag or is it given?
When you buy a bag like that do you get free catalogues? Once again do you have to ask/pay for them or extras?
Does the Damier keepall (without the strap) keep its shape? Fold in half? Any other difficulties?
Just one more question, what do you think of me getting the bag? Should I get a wallet-agenda and a keychain instead???

Sorry for bothering all of you, but I would love to have the answers.

:heart: Thanks again:heart:

Hello and welcome to tPF, here are some quick answers:

1. You can get the painting on the keepall but there will be a fee (you will have to ask the manager)

2. You will get lock, key and luggage tag included and you can have your initials put on your luggage tag for free

3.You will get a dustbag and you should get a large louis vuitton Box, you shouldnt have to ask

4. I dont know if you will get a free catalogue, here in the UK you have to pay so I think it may be the same in france and the rest of europe but Im not sure

5. It should keep its shape but In my opinion I wouldnt fold it because it may get crease marks, dont store it in the box because the leather needs to breath. Store it in the dustbag or stuffed in a cupboard.

6. I think that if you like the damier keepall I would get it, you can old have so many accessories like wallets and agendas but a bag that is quite expensive you may never have the chance of getting again without saving for a long time.

Hope that helps :flowers:

Hi and welcome to tPF! : )

In the Champs-Elysees store in Paris (or the avenue Montaigne one) can you get your initials heat stamped/painted for free? Yes, the heat stamping is free but painting is not.
Does the keepall come with a lock and luggage tag or do you have to spend more? It's included
Is there a box/dust bag big enough to hold it? Do you have to ask for the box/dust bag or is it given? For the Keepall you may have to ask but yes there are boxes and dust bags for it.
When you buy a bag like that do you get free catalogues? Once again do you have to ask/pay for them or extras? I would ask, they are free at the store.
Does the Damier keepall (without the strap) keep its shape? Fold in half? Any other difficulties? I kept my Keepall folded.
Just one more question, what do you think of me getting the bag? Should I get a wallet-agenda and a keychain instead??? I would get the Keepall.

just a heads up...i did not recieve a dustbag for my mono keepall, and when i inquired about it since i want one, they told me louis vuitton does not supply dustbags for luggage pieces. :mad:

IN addition to what other wrote I think getting a bit bag first is better, especially if the cost is an issue. The accessoire and small stuff is cheaper so it's easier accessable and also a lot more fun to own if you have a big LV bag to keep it in the first place. ;) If you get a KEEPALL without any inside pockets you may want to get a pochette or wapity to hold small items, the KEEPALL eats your keys and daily essentials!

And Oh, I bought my KEEPALL in Paris, I did not get a dustbag. Neither did I get a box.

I bought 2 Keepalls at the Ave. Montaigne store and I did NOT get a box or dust bag for either one.

This was over 4 years ago though, so according to other members here they may provide dust bags now..

I have two keepall's (no dustbags) & 2 pegasse (they have dustbags)

You won't be able to a keepall as much as you can use a bag so you may want to consider that, also think seriously about the keepall without strap they are heavy when full and IMO it is better to have the strap.
They make the keepall with strap and keepall without differently so it's not as easy as buying a strap later on. I also keep my keepall's folded.

Hmm, I think most everyone answered your questions. My most recent keepall was a cerise and it came with a dustbag, but that may be because of the cerise.

Def. go for the keepall over the wallet, etc :smile:

I wanted to start of by saying thanks for all the time you all spent answering my questions :biggrin: :heart:

The only little problem is that people's responses seem to vary depending on when and where they bought their stuff. Is there anyone who bought fairly recently a keepall in Paris (which store?) and could confirm the other member's answers? Which consist so far of:
-for a damier keepall without strap you can get initials heatstamped on the leather for free (can you get your initials painted, like just painted on the tag or painted on the "imprint" the heatstamped made, for free:confused1: )
- in France the catalogues are not free
- you neither get a box nor a dust bag (and if you do want one and if they have it, you have to ask for it, wont it be awkward to get giftwrapped your initialized bag:confused1:, anyone done this before?)
- keep the bag out of the box to "breath" (i thought it was canvas and not leather?:confused1:)

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help me once again. :happydance: I know, I know the questions are fairly stupid-ish, but I really don't want to have any surprises at the store.

In the Champs-Elysees store in Paris (or the avenue Montaigne one) can you get your initials heat stamped/painted for free?
Yes and no. All heat stamping is for free and can be done on almost any bag. However, personalized painting can only be done on trunks with hard surfaces

Does the keepall come with a lock and luggage tag or do you have to spend more?
Free, what you see is what you get.

Is there a box/dust bag big enough to hold it? Do you have to ask for the box/dust bag or is it given?
Usually, they will not give you a box unless the customer asks for it and they will wrap it up for you for free. However if your purchase is TOOOO big, I doubt they'd have boxes big enough (eg big trunks, that you'd need to have them delivered to your home I'd think). But for the keepall, it's foldable, so I'm sure they'll have a box for you.

When you buy a bag like that do you get free catalogues? Once again do you have to ask/pay for them or extras?
Yes and no. Usually, they will not give you anything for free unless the customer asks and only if they have the catalogues in stock. If they don't have it, you can ask them to send you one by mail (which I doubt they'd do cuz some SAs don't really care), or just buy one by calling their customer service for 10$US.

Does the Damier keepall (without the strap) keep its shape? Fold in half? Any other difficulties?
No it does not keep its shape, it's a SOFT luggage so you can fold it. I don't have a keepall, but I know it's very light weight. If you keep too many things in there, the heaviness might bother your hands since you're not planning to get a strap. (btw, the strap comes with the bag if you buy their bigger keepalls)

Just one more question, what do you think of me getting the bag? Should I get a wallet-agenda and a keychain instead???
Hmmm...well I don't really know you:sweatdrop: so I shouldn't judge lol. It all depends on your NEEDS. If you travel a lot, then definitely buy it cuz it's a staple item from the house of Louis Vuitton. However, if you're like me who travels on average once per year......then I don't htink it's worth it cuz most of the time, the bag will just be in the closet collecting dust. So in this case, I'd rather buy a smaller everyday bag or other accessories. Good luck :biggrin:

i have the damier keepall 50 and i love it. i bought it as an overnight/carryon bag and it's perfect. it comes with all of the trimmings, and my initials were hot stamped for free. its a great bag, and i highly suggest that you get it.

Our answers vary mainly based on LV's stock I think. If they have whatever you need that's free in stock then most of the time they will give it to you.

-for a damier keepall without strap you can get initials heatstamped on the leather for free (can you get your initials painted, like just painted on the tag or painted on the "imprint" the heatstamped made, for free:confused1: )
NO, YOU CANNOT GET ANYTHING PAINTED ON SOFT LUGGAGE.

- in France the catalogues are not free
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT FRANCE, BUT LOUIS VUITTON SHOULD HAVE THE SAME POLICIES WORLDWIDE (eg. Canada, US and China are all the same from my experience). AGAIN, I THINK THIS IS MORE OF AN INVENTORY ISSUE.

- you neither get a box nor a dust bag (and if you do want one and if they have it, you have to ask for it, wont it be awkward to get giftwrapped your initialized bag:confused1:, anyone done this before?)
I BELIEVE THAT IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ASK. THEY ARE DOING A BUSINESS AFTERALL AND SAVING COST TO THEM IS UNDERSTANDABLE. IF YOU ASK, THEY WILL GIVE YOU IF THEY HAVE THEM IN STOCK.

- keep the bag out of the box to "breath" (i thought it was canvas and not leather?:confused1:)
THE BODY IS CANVAS, BUT THE STRAPS, HANDLES, PIPING, ZIPPERS ARE OFTEN IN COWHIDE LEATHER (VACHETTE). IF YOU STORE LV ITEMS IN BOXES AND RARELY USE THEM (ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE IN A HOT, HUMID ENVIRONMENT), PFers HAVE MENTIONNED ABOUT MOLD AND OTHER NASTIES THAT YOU'D WANNA AVOID! LOL
I ALSO NEED TO SPECIFY THAT HEATSTAMPING IS DONE ON THE LEATHER, NOT CANVAS (MONOGRAM), WHEREAS PERSONALIZED PAINTING CAN BE DONE ONTHE CANVAS.

Finalement, je voudrais vous dire: bienvenue au Purse Forum! :P

I had a MC Keepall : There was no lock or free heat printing, but I had a dustbag. For my luggage I have a Pegase 70 Mono there was no dustbag included, this was a shame since I wanted something to protect it when it goes into the plane.

I have two keepall's (no dustbags) & 2 pegasse (they have dustbags)

You won't be able to a keepall as much as you can use a bag so you may want to consider that, also think seriously about the keepall without strap they are heavy when full and IMO it is better to have the strap.
They make the keepall with strap and keepall without differently so it's not as easy as buying a strap later on. I also keep my keepall's folded.

You got a dustbag withyour Pegase ??? When did you buy it ?? I want one too.