Trouville vs. Alma

rica

Aug 11, 2006
Can anyone please post a side by side pic of an Alma & Trouville? Modeling Pics? Im planning to order either an MC Alma or MC Trouville from the US so I wont be able to try them on....:shame:

Bagsnbags...dont you have both???

Well, can't help you out with pictures, but I can give a little advice. I have the white mc alma and I returned the black mc trouville because it had a cut in the piping and my store didn't have another one.
Pros of alma: Nice big opening when unzipped
decent sized handles
cute outside zipper pocket
Cons of alma: Don't overstuff or zipper won't be straight
Full vachetta bottom

Pros of trouville: you can stuff a little more in it
also has outside pocket but with no zipper
no vachetta on bottom

Cons of trouville: Very very very small handles

I had to return my trouville because of a cut, but I think I would never have liked the handles being so tiny. They are both gorgeous bags, though. Good luck.

I have a Deauville so I would recommend that above the Trouville, but out of the 2, I'll rather have a Trouville than an Alma.

Me too! I sold my Alma because it didn't close well with all of my stuff in it but it is a beautiful bag. I also had the Trouville, but sold it because it was too small but it's so cute! Then I bought my Deauville - it's BIG but I like it.

rica_apalma: If you have alot of stuff, you might want to go for the MC Alma or even the MC Speedy!

good question!! I was thinking about the Trouville for my next bag. I went in to the boutique and measured and I really liked it. Then I was looking in the visual thread and noticed Nita's thread comparing the handles, and the picture showed that the handles of the trouville and the handles of the speedy were exactly the same. So I think I'm gonna go for trouville.. but I kept comparing the trouville to the deauville. So I'm gonna wait until I can compare both bags at the same time hehe :yes: I don't carry much in my bag, and i think it'll look really really odd to take all the stuff out of my bag and put it in the trouville at the boutique to compare hehehe so I'm still stuck on the fence

Margar: So I think I'm gonna go for trouville.. but I kept comparing the trouville to the deauville. So I'm gonna wait until I can compare both bags at the same time hehe :yes: I don't carry much in my bag, and i think it'll look really really odd to take all the stuff out of my bag and put it in the trouville at the boutique to compare hehehe so I'm still stuck on the fence[/QUOTE]

I always take my stuff and place it in the bag that I may be purchasing while I'm at the boutique! Don't be afraid to do this.... it will save you the hassle of having to return the bag if you bring it home and find out it doesn't suit your needs.