jean stain on bag! help!

Sep 29, 2006
how do u get jean stains off leather bags? I have a red sling Celine bag and the back part has patches of blue :crybaby:the stain has been there for quite some time and I just remembered it. What product should I use that wont make the color fade?:shrugs:

What kind of finish does the leather have... you have more of a chance of removing the stain if it's a glossy/glazed/pebbled texture leather.

Some denim dye stains you cannot remove if they have been there a while.
I'd try baby wipes at first...

if that doesnt work, I'd condition it a little (there are a few brands out there) and then get a cleaner and try that... after the cleaner condition it again.

Theres a large chance the stain will not fully come off.

If all else fails, there's always lovinmybags.com

What kind of finish does the leather have... you have more of a chance of removing the stain if it's a glossy/glazed/pebbled texture leather.

Some denim dye stains you cannot remove if they have been there a while.
I'd try baby wipes at first...

if that doesnt work, I'd condition it a little (there are a few brands out there) and then get a cleaner and try that... after the cleaner condition it again.

Theres a large chance the stain will not fully come off.

If all else fails, there's always lovinmybags.com

well im not sure what type of leather it is but its pretty smooth. will using those cleaners not affect the color of the bag? coz its a rich red :s

I used my sis' Bally sling bag and stained the bag with jeans dye too. Need to figure out how to get that out! I've tried baby wipes but it didn't work.

Yes.. test the underside of a strap, or the bottom ... but reds are tough... which is why a professional cleaner might be your only solution

I just noticed that my Alma has a denim stain on one corner of the vachetta. I just tried baby wipes, and if it doesn't work, I might try my magic eraser. I don't think I would try that with colored leather though.

Art erasers (look and feel like putty) work AMAZING on jean stains!!!! and so do magic erasers!!!!!!:balloon: the trick is with the art erasers is that u have to press the eraser on the stain!!!!! hope this helps!