Thanks a lot ioffer scammers! So mad!

I sold a coach bag almost a month ago, saturday will be 4 weeks exactly, I got positive feedback from the buyer. It was a NWT bag that I bought at the outlet, it was an impulse purchase and after I got home with it I decided it was really too big for what I like. But the outlet is 5 hours away so I just put it on ebay for $10 over what I paid for it. It sold within 24 hours. Well I get a SNAD claim filed against me on paypal saturday, no idea why, the notes in paypal from the buyer says that "bag is fake".

It most certainly is not fake, I even have the receipt from the outlet which I had offered to include with the bag and the buyer had said not to bother she didnt need it. So I emailed her and ask why she had filed a claim and why she thought it was fake. Her response:

"I was looking for a wallet to go with the bag and I googled the bag style and color to see what I could find it took me to a site called ioffer and looking through the matches I found your listings for the bag with the same pics you used in your ebay listing. You clearly stated on ebay that this bag was authentic and came from the outlet, I paid you over $200 for this bag and now I see that you are selling them on ioffer for $45 plus shipping! Obviously they are fake, I am really upset by this I don't appreciate being lied to and throwing my money away."

Well I go to ioffer and sure enough there are my pics, my WATERMARKED pics no less, with my ebay username stamped on them. The seller's location says seattle, which is completely across the country from me. And their shipping says 14 days via EMS and they are charging like $30, to me that says its probably coming from china. So I emailed the seller and told them that I would be reporting them for stealing my photos, and I did report them to ioffer.

I emailed my buyer and told her that I had found the listing and those pics were stolen, I also pointed out the sellers alleged location and the shipping charge.

She emailed me back last night with:

"Hi, I did a little investigating after your email, I sent an offer to that seller and ask about how to pay. They gave me instructions to send a payment to china by western union to someone named: Liu Fang. Clearly that is not you, I am closing the paypal case. I also reported the listing to ioffer. Sorry I doubted you, I really do love the bag."

I looked this morning and when I searched for the bag I couldnt find the listing or the seller by name so either ioffer removed them or they got scared and removed themselves.

So if any of you are selling bags on ebay I recommend searching ioffer for the same bag just to make sure your pics arent up somewhere, apparently even watermarking doesn't deter these crooks.

Wow... sorry to hear you had to go through that. At least your seller is very understanding. But she should have communicated with you first.

Thanks for the heads up!

Oh gosh! Im so sorry this happened to you. I know all about iOffer. It's terrible there. I am not sure how it's even allowed to stay online with all the fake bags.

Thank goodness your buyer understood! But I just don't get how people can go as far as stealing your pics with watermarks! Crooks seem to get braver and braver these days.

I wonder if from now on, when you place the watermark also in visible but small print put in "EBAY only".

I for sure will do that now!

That's what I have been doing since I learned how to watermark. Photos for tpf are labeled that way and for ebay are labeled for ebay specifically. Just gives me some more protection and peace of mind. . .

Oh gosh! Im so sorry this happened to you. I know all about iOffer. It's terrible there. I am not sure how it's even allowed to stay online with all the fake bags.

Thank goodness your buyer understood! But I just don't get how people can go as far as stealing your pics with watermarks! Crooks seem to get braver and braver these days.

I wonder if from now on, when you place the watermark also in visible but small print put in "EBAY only".

I for sure will do that now!

Yeah and you can't right click the ebay messages. I have to manually punch in the tracking numbers from ebay or go to my email to copy & paste them!

^^^ Smart! Wonder why ebay allows you to right click and save the images?! I know you can't right click on any pic on LV site and other sites for that matter.

ebay has been encouraging it's sellers to share their pictures like a big group hug. You actually have to opt out of sharing your photos. It still does not prevent the right clicking (I think)..

Same thing happened to me. I just sold a pair of boots. The buyer went on ioffer to research. They found my listing with MY pictures on ioffer. Now she doen't believe that the boots are authentic, and doesn't want to complete the transaction. Along with that, started threatening me, and that she will report me to ebay. Well, I have contacted them myself already. Soooooo mad....

I saw a post on one of the ebay boards a few days ago....an ebay seller had discovered an ioffer scammer was using her photobucket pics...she replaced them with ones that said "I steal pictures and sell fakes!!". :lol:

The scammer took the ioffer listing down.

It is just infuriating that these scammers over there can do this and they totally get away with it for the most part. I feel bad for the people that don't know ioffer is full of fakes and actually buy stuff from these listings with authentic photos. I'm sure they have no recourse with paypal and the ones that pay with western union are definetly up the creek.

Same thing happened to me. I just sold a pair of boots. The buyer went on ioffer to research. They found my listing with MY pictures on ioffer. Now she doen't believe that the boots are authentic, and doesn't want to complete the transaction. Along with that, started threatening me, and that she will report me to ebay. Well, I have contacted them myself already. Soooooo mad....

maybe you can have her do the same thing my buyer did, tell her to contact the ioffer person with the boots listed and inquire about payment, then she will see that its a totally different person most likely in another country or at the very least another state.