ELF eyes lips face cosmetics opinions?

i made my first ELF order last week, and hopefully both packages have arrived when i get home tomorrow. or at least sometime next week. i'm excited to try everything out, i got mostly stuff from their studio line, but also one thing for the normal line and one thing from the mineral line (primer) :biggrin:

have anyone tried the eyeliner pen for $1?

i made my first ELF order last week, and hopefully both packages have arrived when i get home tomorrow. or at least sometime next week. i'm excited to try everything out, i got mostly stuff from their studio line, but also one thing for the normal line and one thing from the mineral line (primer) :biggrin:

have anyone tried the eyeliner pen for $1?

The felt tipped eyeliner pen? They work nice in the beginning but they do dry out. I just tried mine (have had it for a little while) and while it comes out nice and smooth and dark on the back of my hand when I put it to my eye I couldn't get anything. I love the concept but honestly it's not the greatest.

I like the studio line and the mineral line better then the regular line.

I love their mineral showdoes, but I'm finding that there isn't enough color variations. Mostly browns, golds, some purples, and a pale pink. I also have a dark green. Very earthy...sometimes I want a little more pop, even if it's subtle. I wish there were more youtube tutorials using these mineral shadows.

I maybe completely different from the masses but I absolutely love this company. All of my makeup is elf. It does completely depend on the person though. If you are used to expensive high end cosmetics you probably would think elf's products are garbage.

Their eye primer (the mineral line one or the newer $1 one) is really good. My shadows last from morning to night and I tend to have oily lids. The studio primer isn't the greatest. The new face primer they have is really good, I would compare it to smashbox's photo finish (I do have the photo finish which I rarely use).

Their shadows have good pigmentation. I did swatches of the dollar line and studio line on this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/make-up/swatch-thread-all-other-brands-544108.html
I have all of the mineral line shadows but haven't done swatches.
There cream duo shadows are great as bases.

I love their blushes because they add such a pretty sweep of color to your cheeks. I have all of the mineral blushes and all of the $1 ones.

Their studio brushes are nice IMO too. The studio kabuki is a brush I use everyday as well as the powder brush, blush brush. I don't use them exactly how they say though.

The eyeliners are not that bad. They have several different ones. The pencil liners do tug a little. The felt tip liners are great but after a while dry out (which is typical). The liquid liners have serious pigment. The mineral liners are creamy. They just came out with cream liners which I haven't tried.

I would say 99% of my makeup is elf. I don't work for them I just love them. For their prices you can't complain. They always have coupons too for 50% off or sometimes even up to 75% off. I got all my mineral shadows for 90 cents each. Like I said a lot of people might differ with me but too each his own.

Oh I forgot to add that their stuff is not really sample size. Some of the products are pretty big. IMO you wouldn't want a gigantic something that you don't use up and have to toss because of bacteria.

your swatches do not show up in the thread:Push:

^^Really? I just looked at them and they are all loading showing the images. Maybe try looking again in a little while? I'm not sure cause I see them.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned or if anyone cares but the empty 4 space eye palette they have does fit the MAC pro pans. I just thought it was nice for travel if you have a 15 MAC one and don't need ALL those colors for traveling to throw them in there. For $1 it cannot be beat.

Absolutly love their Studio Blushes and own them all! They also have a bunch of new stuff up on the site that i want to try. The beauty encyclopedias are getting rave reviews too!

Gotta run and check their website!!! :P

I am not sure if this has been mentioned or if anyone cares but the empty 4 space eye palette they have does fit the MAC pro pans. I just thought it was nice for travel if you have a 15 MAC one and don't need ALL those colors for traveling to throw them in there. For $1 it cannot be beat.

Thanks for sharing!! Sounds like hard to beat!! :yahoo:

^^I got the Bright Eyes Beauty Book and the first row of shadows was a little disappointing. They are very powdery and when you apply nothing sticks. I've only played with those on the back of my hand so when I would swipe it on nothing comes off, if I pat them on it's ok but one little breeze and they are gone, left with sparkly glitter. I haven't tried them with a primer so I don't know about that. Also the Bright Eyes book seems really similar to the Sparkle Edition to me (I tried comparing them with youtube swatches as I only have the one).

I did order the new shimmer eyeliner pencils so I can't wait to see how those look in person. I'll swatch them if anyone is interested when I get them. Oh and I ordered 3 of the new cream liners.

This is great to know!

This is great! Thanks!