ARCHIVE 01/11/11 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^I am not an authenticator but this bag was discussed previously.

The bag's original auction had a Buy it Now of $4500 from what I recall....once the opening bid of $3500 occurred, the buy it now auction option disappeared.

The bag just sold for $6500 and supposedly the buyer did not pay........

Now they have it relisted with an opening bid of $5000.

I emailed the seller and inquired about more photos and I asked a few questions that anyone spending this kind of money should be asking. The seller was rude and did not answer any of my questions and refused to send more photos. Their only response to my questions and request for more photos was, "The bag is authentic."

Their rudeness and the fact that they sell mostly miscellaneous parts, etc. that has NOTHING to do with fashion, let alone H, does not inspire confidence in the least. Can you afford to lose over $5k?

^^^^I am not an authenticator but this bag was discussed previously.

The bag's original auction had a Buy it Now of $4500 from what I recall....once the opening bid of $3500 occurred, the buy it now auction option disappeared.

The bag just sold for $6500 and supposedly the buyer did not pay........

Now they have it relisted with an opening bid of $5000.

I emailed the seller and inquired about more photos and I asked a few questions that anyone spending this kind of money should be asking. The seller was rude and did not answer any of my questions and refused to send more photos. Their only response to my questions and request for more photos was, "The bag is authentic."

Their rudeness and the fact that they sell mostly miscellaneous parts, etc. that has NOTHING to do with fashion, let alone H, does not inspire confidence in the least. Can you afford to lose over $5k?

Thank you for your reply! Thank you for letting me know this birkin was listed before. I am experiencing the same thing; I sent questions asking if they have the receipt and why are they selling, but they don't respond. I also noticed they sell nothing relates to fashion.... Anyhow, thank you so much for sharing the information :smile:

^ The followings are the comments by two authenticators when this bag was posted previously.

Item:HERMES BIRKIN 30 GOLD TOGO & GOLD BAG, NEW
Listing Number: 180533747880
Seller: moneymatters2004
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-BIRKIN-30...item2a08a660a8

Originally Posted by S'Mom
This is a seller that has sold tons of hardware supplies and nothing remotely close to anything Hermes that I can see. I think you should ask some questions....ask to see a better picture of the interior and close up shots of the body of the bag. Find out where he got it......otherwise, I'd pass and wait for a reputable reseller with Hermes experience and knowledge to offer one.

Originally Posted by Bababebi
Some of the stitching on this bag I find bothersome, gold bags are difficult, I have been staring at my own gold Birkin, I agree with S'Mom, without superior pictures of the interior and the front lock plate I would pass on this.

Dear tzuyin0109,:flowers:
Next time, let's search before you post. You will find nice instructions how to search, in the first post by CB.

Greetings, :smile:

I am searching for a graphite birkin and i found this on ebay, please help me and see if this is authentic... thank you very much... :smile:

item: 35 graphite clemence birkin ruthenium hardware
seller: horses*and*hermes
item #: 290459973093
link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290459973093
comments: The price is within my range

Thank you very much.

pls take care. thanks again.

dear biscuiterie,
I am not an authenticator but I recall these specs so please look on the prior to 7/31/10 thread where it seems to be this listing:
as it was discussed there.
if you go to page 1 of this thread you can easily find the thread and do your search there. type graphite into the search window

Last edited:
dear biscuiterie,
I am not an authenticator but I recall these specs so please look on the prior to 7/31/10 thread where it seems to be this listing:
as it was discussed there.
if you go to page 1 of this thread you can easily find the thread and do your search there.

Thank you thank you very much. I really appreciate it. :smile:

Still not adequate pictures. I am not seeing ruthenium hardware, but that could be a picture issues as well. But, seller says to take the bag to Hermes, but accepts no returns. Without better pictures, I cant say a thing about this bag and only advise that you do a search as others have done.

I am searching for a graphite birkin and i found this on ebay, please help me and see if this is authentic... thank you very much... :smile:

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

As CB says, the pics are not adequate to give a firm yes or no, however this seller has changed their id several times (look under their id's) and questions have been raised over some of this sellers previous auctions, under their other id's

Thank you very much.

Here is my comment about this bag posted july 20th.

This bag looks authentic to me.

I agree that the letter initially pictured in the listing was quite border line, and I know that this seller has somehow a twisted selling history, as well as some kind of twisted history here in tpf.

BUT : this bag does not look like a fake to me. That is not such a bad start - I would verify a few things with seller, though.
1- make sure they actually have the item in their possession : ask for specific pictures . Ask the pictures to be sent by email to you so you'll get them high resolution.
2-make sure Seller agrees to accept a return if you are not satisfied with the bag, for any reason. (not if the bag is not authentic, because no one is going to ever write you a letter of NON authenticity)
Set up an agrement of 3 days or so after delivery , so you have time to take the bag to Hermes for a check.
And have seller write this agrement in their ebay listing.

If this seller is willing to make an honest deal, they will most probabely accept.

That being said, make sure you pay by paypal,( if you have a confirmed address) and respect all the terms on your side.

I think it is worth a try if you DO like this bag.

my 0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.