--- Authenticate This Chanel ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a bag at the Cartier Boutique, in the late '80s, and it had no hologram sticker. I don't think it had a card either. But quite honestly, back then, it never occurred to me that I may actually want to sell a bag after using it for awhile. (Gotta love the internet. :smile: )

I heard that some bags for some reason where missing the holograms, but most started with 0's (80's). Did your by any chance have the CC on the front of your bag? I'll have to ensure that next time I say "many" instead of all.

I bet your bags are so pretty. I would love to own a bag from the 80's. You should post some pictures when you have a chance. I bet the chanel PFers would love to see some beautiful vintage bags.

No CCs... that came much later. I'm not a huge fan of a large CC on my bag. I thought the large gold metal, dangling CC was a bit much, at the time.

My bags have been really used. No one thought of re-sale back then, so I never took good care of them. There was no internet and if you wanted to sell something, you gave it to a Consignment Shop. Really, the internet and ebay have changed everything and now I keep all my records, just in case!

I'll take some pictures, but I see and recognize similar bags on eBay, so it wouldn't be anything really new to look at.

^^^^ That's what I thought about the double CC's on the front of the bag... just wanted to make sure I got my facts straight.

Anyway, I think the pictures would be great.. I think lots of the girls would be interested. Ebay sure has changed everything, I also try to keep everything together in a place where I can remember. I don't want to have to tear up the house looking for a card, etc. When I am in a hurry, I have a tendency to place something in a hiding place, and not remember where I put it. Maybe its a sign of getting old.

OMG, WTF? Everything looked OK until I saw this picture.:Push:

DSC_6956Medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.