coach shoe sizing

juicy_girl

purse addict
O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
I never bought or tried on any coach shoes before so how is the sizing? TTS, small or big fitting? I was interested in the cotte ballet flats. I normally wear a 6.5 or 7 so what size do you think i should get?

I just bought a pair of sneakers, and they do seem to be a half size too large, but I like the way they fit my feet. I bought my espadrilles a half size up because they only have that style in whole sizes, and those fit perfect as well. The sandles seem to run true to size for me.

so if one normally wears between a whole and half size (I bounce between a 9, 9.5 depending on the shoe), one should order the half size down? (meaning a 9 in my case?)

excellent question juicy_girl, i was just wondering the same thing myself!

for COACH sneakers, yes.

i usually wear a 10 in boots/dress shoes/etc., but in their sneakers I wear a 9.5, and they fit comfortably and not too snug at all.

The loafer pumps I got feel a little big. I normally wear a 7.5 and in this size the pumps fit well with thick tights but feel loose with nylons. I probably should have gone down a half size, but I got them on sale so had to make do with what was there.

Coach shoes used to be TTS on me but I've noticed more variation in flats lately, as others have already pointed out. In fact, in one of last season's styles (velvet loafer with flat bow) I have two pairs where one is size 11 and the other is size 10 (I'm an 11). This is why I won't order Coach shoes without trying them on first.