I have a problem with the city lizard.

Ladylu1

Apr 23, 2010
I have a problem, I have a lizard city, I like and the leather is very soft, but the more I look the more I obsessed with that they look plastic bag or fake.
Do you think?

To you do you think?

imagen168x.jpg

imagen173r.jpg

imagen178l.jpg

imagen150m.jpg

imagen154eu.jpg

imagen152xk.jpg

I think it's a beautiful bag- but I do know what you mean about looking pressed - or like it's a cow trying to be a lizard. This was originally why I didn't fall for it, I thought it looked like wallets i see that try to look expensive by pressing an exotic skin pattern on it.

But I've seen more photos of it since then and I think it will look even better broken in and softer than when it's new if you know what I mean.

Beauxgoris understand what you mean, over time will certainly be better.
What I like is to go down the street and people think that I have a fake Balenciaga.:wondering

I received my black lizard embossed city yesterday, and I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who is not 100% satisfied with the leather upon first inspection.

I actually like the texture of the embossed leather and the dark saturated color, but I question the quality of the leather. I personally think that it smells And feels a bit plasticy. I have many moto bal bags, and the ltd ed lizard bags do not have the same intoxicating bal smell and feel.

I really do like the saturated black color of the bag, but I'm on the fence. Since I am having doubts, it will likely go back, but I'll give it a few more days of contemplation before I actually send back.

I saw the Lizard City IRL for the first time today, and I was surprised at how different the leather looks and feels compared to regular Bal leather. It def has a shiny coating to it. I don't think it looks fake - I have a particular soft spot for the lilac shade, which is totally stunning. However, if you're not sure about the texture and aren't going to feel confident wearing the bag, I'd return it for something you love.

I never liked the Lizard City... I too think that it looks too much like a "fake" because of the stiff plastic-looking leather. That's just my personal, honest opinion!

If you're having doubts, or not 100% happy with it, can you return or exchange for the regular City?

I feel like it looks "cheaper" compared to the non-embossed classic Bals, but when I touched it, I knew it was quality leather that would not be on a cheap bag. The bag that I touched at NM was super soft and supple much to my surprise. However, that being said, If I had the bag I don't think I want everyone to touch it just so I can prove a point lol.

Last edited:
xlana exactly wonderful to the touch is noticed, but of course the people on the street is not going to touch and appearance can be deceptive.

Last edited:
I never liked the Lizard City... I too think that it looks too much like a "fake" because of the stiff plastic-looking leather. That's just my personal, honest opinion!

If you're having doubts, or not 100% happy with it, can you return or exchange for the regular City?

Thanks for your opinion, I find it very helpful.

I would not want to convince anyone to keep a bag that she is not sure of, but I have to say that I love mine. It did have a different smell - I agree with that - almost a "new car" smell, lol. But that is fading with wear. It is starting to get so much softer and doesn't feel or look like plastic to me. I did say in my initial review that it may not be everyone's "cup of tea," and I do think that you should return if you are not 100% happy with it. Having said that, though, it may be a bag that you have to give a chance to love it. I realize that it is a lot of money to take the risk, but I am glad I have worn mine and given it a chance to soften and slouch. It also seems to me that it will be extremely durable, and I absolutely adore the lining.

Here are some pictures that shows its beautiful slouch:

LizardEmbossedCity07122010001-2.jpg

LizardEmbossedCity07122010002-1.jpg

LizardEmbossedCity07122010003-1.jpg

Cbarrus-Thanks, all opinions are of great help me to decide to do.
The purse I really like, say I'm in a love-hate at the moment.
Thanks for the pictures, it looks wonderful.