Chanel GST handbag help!

glitzgirl87

Jul 15, 2010
Hey everyone i really want to purchase a chanel gst bag in black with the gold chains, but i need to know how much it costs with tax.

I believe it is still $2350 right?

any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

by the way i live in the US, virginia exactly.

Last edited:
Yes it is $2350 before tax. Price increase is almost positively confirmed for Aug 1 in the US so if you can get it before then that would save you hundreds of dollars. Good luck!

I was just curious what the grand total of the GST is Including tax. I am aware of the price of the handbag, i just need to know the complete total so i know how much to expect to spend. Thank you very much.:biggrin:

I am currently living in the US, state of Virginia.

If you live in Virginia, the would be whatever percentage you usually pay for sales tax. You can avoid it by ordering from any store that does not have any physical location in Virginia. For example, I'm not sure, you can order from BG because they're only present in NY.

^ What's the tax rate in Virginia?
Here's the math:
(Price of GST)(% rate in Virginia/100) + Price of GST = Grand Total

How about this:
You can order from BG in NY & not have to pay taxes since there isn't a BG in your state. Or if you open an account from Bloomingdales, you get a 10-15-20% discount depending on the promotion. This way you know the price tops out at the actual price of the GST.

Just in case you did not do the calculations. I am sure you probably have by now. GST price 2350 x .05 Virginia sales tax 5% (117.5) = 2467.5. Good luck with your decision wherever you purchase it. I would personally buy it at BG or Hirschleifers (sp) in NY if they have because you can use your NM charge or any other form of payment.

By BG you mean Bloomingdales right?

By the way what is the number that i should call to order it?

Also how does it work? Do they just ship it to you? Do you pay for shipping?

So if i order from the actual bloomingdales store i wont have to pay tax right?

Sorry everyone if you couldnt tell this is my first time trying to purchase a chanel handbag..:confused1:

By BG you mean Bloomingdales right?

By the way what is the number that i should call to order it?

Also how does it work? Do they just ship it to you? Do you pay for shipping?

So if i order from the actual bloomingdales store i wont have to pay tax right?

Sorry everyone if you couldnt tell this is my first time trying to purchase a chanel handbag..:confused1:

BG is Bergdorf Goodman, and it's in NY.

You can find phone numbers and list of SA here http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/recommended-sales-associates-377506.html

You make phone call, talk to SA, they ship to you. Different stores charge shipping differently.

If you go to actual Bloomingdale's store, you will have to pay for tax. There's a Bloomingdale's in Virginia, so even if you order from Bloomingdale's anywhere else in the States, most likely you have to pay for tax.