Grape Alexa: Colour-blind?

Muppet18

O.G.
Apr 18, 2009
When I saw pictures of the A/W prewiew and the new grape Alexa I was totally in love!!!!:heart:
My colour: a dark purple, matching almost everything and ordered one in a local store.
I don't have it yet, but those Grape ones I saw are absoloutely not what I felt in love with!:wondering

Where is my dark purple?
f2ikbq.jpg
2exn94y.jpg

The Grape colour is nice, but more a cornflower blue....if my bag would look the same, I'd leave it in the store.:cry:

I saw a grape in Gees court last week and it looked close to the colour on the first pic - def more purple than blue.

Am I imagining it, or is there a blueberry Alexa this season? Maybe that's what you saw?

I already have a Grape Alexa and while it wasn't quite the colour I was expecting it is a gorgeous shade of purple. It is nothing like the colour of a grape, I think it is more like blackcurrant colour.

I went to the Bicester meet over the weekend and even the Ladies there said it is nothing like the photographs I uploaded during my reveal. It is very similar in colour to the Blueberry from the previous season.

I am sure you will love it when it arrives. xx

As far as I know, they do not have a Blueberry. De Picture was taken from a 'Reveal' thread of a Grape Alexa....
But this Colour has nothing to do with grape...although it is nice!

Oh, my mistake. Am sure the one I saw at Gees Court wasn't that colour though!

Mulberry always make their photos look a different colour to their actual bags - I have no idea why. My Butter Alexa looked nothing like the one on the website and I nearly returned her for it.

Oh, my mistake. Am sure the one I saw at Gees Court wasn't that colour though!

Mulberry always make their photos look a different colour to their actual bags - I have no idea why. My Butter Alexa looked nothing like the one on the website and I nearly returned her for it.

So true. My "mushroom" is pinky beige. My "ink" daria is more of an electric blue, the Tweed Alexa was more of sandy beige on .com, in reality more of a dark grey/ muddy brown... and so on. The only thing one can hope for when ordering without seing it IRL is that we like the actual colour - even if it has nothing to do with the name or pics on .com. That's my experience.

Oh, yes it does! Thank you!!
On this picture it looks like purple: exactly what I want!
Hope it will come soon to see it IRL.
May be it takes a little longer as I live in germany..

Ah I am pleased that has made you feel a bit happier about your bag!! I am sure it will be with you very soon, make sure you let us all know when it arrives. xx

I saw the alexa and oversized alexa in grape today and the colour was gorgeous! It was definately more purple than blue! I have put my name on the waiting list for the alexa in plum!:biggrin:

I saw the Alexas in Grape last weekend (display models only, they were sold out in Harrods) and was surprised at how bluey the purple was - I think if I'd bought one online, I might have been a bit disappointed. Personally, I prefer the warmer purple of the Plum.

I saw it and WAS disappointed!:sad:
THAT was not the Colour I felt in love with.:cry:
But one day last week I saw MY Purple...just what I was looking for. Warm and beautiful! But it wasn't a Mulberry...
This is what it is and I LOVE it!!!!

kasoso.jpg

Also with a shoulder strap and the leather is amazing!