Dark Grey vs Distressed Black MAM

bagshoenista

Jun 1, 2010
Has anybody seen the new Dark Grey MAM? In the pics I've seen on Luna Boston and elsewhere, it looks really really dark, almost black. I already have a distressed black/silver hardware MAM, but I love the idea of a grey bag with gunmetal hardware. Is the new Dark Grey MAM different enough from black to justify buying it?

OMG I'm having the same dilemna as you but with the Nikki's. I have both right now in my hands,(can't stop touching them) the Dark Grey is really really dark, almost black. I put it next to my distressed black and the color is just a shade lighter, but the leather is totally different. The only reason I would return the DG is I'm not to crazy about the round rings but I just love the color and the smooth, shiney, smooshy leather. I just don't know what to do because I'm feeling guilty. I wish the DG was distressed and then I would just keep that one. I bought them from Endless usng the ******** from Bing so at least I have a lot of time to think about it. They're just two different leathers but honestly the Dark Grey looks almost like a black that got a little bleached out by the sun. That's the best way I could describe it. With free shipping and returns from Endless you just might want to try and see for yourself. I don't know if I helped you or not but I guess that's all part of the fun.

Finally here are the pics
15chkk7.jpg

ojml0.jpg

2n8cz5z.jpg

sdnq6h.jpg

These may not be the best I'm just getting the hang of it so bear with me. There are two with the purple background that were taken outside.

Here is the newer Dark Grey

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

Comparrison of DB and DG
DSC00359.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

And thanks again for everyones help. I finally did it without my hub's help. He'll be so proud of me. I usually stomp my feet and have a tantrum when I can't get things to work, and I wonder why my daughter acts like that!:nuts:

Last edited:
Wow, the new DG looks wonderful with the gunmetal hardware. I'm guessing the 3rd picture is most true to color? I'm resisting the temptation to order one myself. *Must save for the grey Swoon instead yes yes >_<*

Yes the third picture is what it really looks like, it's very dark isn't it? My Daugher thought that the DG & DB were both black. Now what to do? The leather is so different but it's kind of crazy to keep both espcially when the new Fall bags are starting to come out. I like the swoon bucket too, and I'm really liking the Enamored, I wonder what the dimensions for that bag is?

Yes the third picture is what it really looks like, it's very dark isn't it? My Daugher thought that the DG & DB were both black. Now what to do? The leather is so different but it's kind of crazy to keep both espcially when the new Fall bags are starting to come out. I like the swoon bucket too, and I'm really liking the Enamored, I wonder what the dimensions for that bag is?
I'm guessing it'll be the same size as the Tess. From the pictures, it looks just like a Tess with a laced-up look.

chayna...you think you could post some pics for us?

cuz lol i'm in the same dilemma as you two

Have you made up your mind yet? I can't part with the distressed black, I think I like it better than my Blackcat! I can give the BCat to my daughter and then I have a good reason to keep both. I only own one other black bag and it's the Kooba Roni and that is gorgeous leather as well, but it slips off my shoulder. I got rid of most of my other black bags when I discovered the RM Nikki. I have never ever owned the same handbag in mulitple colors before, shirts or pants yes, but bags!!