Prada Users - Pls share your experiences...

hello...

I am in a dilemma.
I welcome comments and opinions...would like to hear from ALL, if you have any comments/advice...I know most of you have experiences in using Prada Bags, hence would like to hear from you.....

I like a Prada Bag BN1407 Black. This bag comes in Full Leather and also Full Nylon...
I am not sure which should I choose, if price is not a consideration....
I 1st saw the Full Leather and I like it alot....but I heard that Full leather is difficult to maintain, easily scratched with marks....on the otherhand, full nylon is waterproof and lasting, in contact with rain, just wipe it will do....
If you were me, would you choose the Full leathe or Full Nylon??
I know its all about personal preference...but I would like to hear all comments, before I make a decision....pls share with me on your experiences in using Prada bags.....

thank you :smile:)

It's difficult, I think you should go with what YOU feel is best for you. I my self would go for the leather one, that's because I have 2 Prada nylon bags and I love the smell of leather bags not to mention how nice it is to touch the leather. But it's YOU who are going to spend money on it and carry the bag. Go with what your feelings tell you.

Personally traffic light I would choose this style in leather.
Style wise I have nothing against nylon or plastic, especially for full size shoppers or totes. However I couldn't bring myself to pay the prices they want for them. I would plump for one leather bag instead of two nylon.
I would have more respect for a nylon or plastic bag if it was made in those materials for a practical or artistic reason. However when you see how a beautiful leather bag relaxes or clings to your side, you know the nylon/plastic version has just been made to increase their sales base. That's an entirely personal opinion.

I live in Scotland which is rainy to say the least. I find if I waterproof my bags well, every nook and cranny, then I never have any bother. It becomes a habit.

Lastly I think Prada leathers are beautiful. You won't be able to help but want to look after yours. And Black should be no bother at all.

Good luck whatever you decide!

for this style, I'd go for the leather cos it's smaller than the other gaufres and maybe not as heavy and easier to manage? That was also why I chose tessuto for the bigger gaufre I just got.

Hi to corries2!

It's difficult, I think you should go with what YOU feel is best for you. I my self would go for the leather one, that's because I have 2 Prada nylon bags and I love the smell of leather bags not to mention how nice it is to touch the leather. But it's YOU who are going to spend money on it and carry the bag. Go with what your feelings tell you.

hihi...thanks for replying...i guess i m more clear now....just needed more sharings, to affirm what i originally wanted is sort of a 'good' choice....;)
can slp better today....going Prada mad soon...ha

Personally traffic light I would choose this style in leather.
Style wise I have nothing against nylon or plastic, especially for full size shoppers or totes. However I couldn't bring myself to pay the prices they want for them. I would plump for one leather bag instead of two nylon.
I would have more respect for a nylon or plastic bag if it was made in those materials for a practical or artistic reason. However when you see how a beautiful leather bag relaxes or clings to your side, you know the nylon/plastic version has just been made to increase their sales base. That's an entirely personal opinion.

I live in Scotland which is rainy to say the least. I find if I waterproof my bags well, every nook and cranny, then I never have any bother. It becomes a habit.

Lastly I think Prada leathers are beautiful. You won't be able to help but want to look after yours. And Black should be no bother at all.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Hi Corries2...tks for the time and effort you put in to type and share with me...your lengthy sharing is of great help to me.....
i saw the two bags on two different occasions - somehow i do feel the full leather looks better on me, in all aspects....the only consideration and confusion is the 'difficult to maintain' comment, mentioned by the outlet staff.
thks for sharing your thoughts, once again :P

for this style, I'd go for the leather cos it's smaller than the other gaufres and maybe not as heavy and easier to manage? That was also why I chose tessuto for the bigger gaufre I just got.

Hi to corries2!

hihi....can i ask you something? I am getting for work purposes....in your opinion, which is better? BN1407 or the link below (BN1791)....

http://www.designersimports.com/det...gauffre_shoulder_tote___black-pbn1791_tbk.htm

personally i feel i can carry BN1407 well....but as compared to BN1791, it is much smaller....ha, another clarification or confusion..?? help, some advice pls......

leather! i luv prada blacks! so rich jet black! yum!

i have a 7-month old light-colored gauffre tote w/ the same nappa leather, BN1789, and to this day, not a scratch! corners remain pristine too. it actually feels low maintenance. much less in black!

I think I am the odd one out here ... I will go for tessuto, only because I am sooooo careless with my bags and if I buy a leather bag, I will just not use it (the only leather I use is my chanel caviar.. I am that bad!), and also I dislike heavy bag. Prada nylon is right sturdy and durable, I dont mind paying that kind of price for a workhorse!