227 Metallic Dark Red OR 227 Silver??

bagahOlic2107

Mar 3, 2010
Hello ladies,

I've a soft spot for Chanel metallic handbags. I'm torn between these 2...the 227 Metallic Dark Red or the 227 Silver? Or should i wait for the Fall/Winter collection? :confused1: Would appreciate all your opinions. TIA! :smile:

Chanel227MetallicSilverDarkRed.jpg

Last edited:
purse-nality said:
hmm... i prefer matte metallics vs. foily finishes, so i'll go w/ the silver... GL!

the silver one

Thank you purse-nality & diera23, I've always wanted the Metallic Dark Grey/Silver piece... unfortunately, they are all sold out. So, when my SA showed me this silver, i was roused but was worried this is too silver that it might appear a tad stark. Then i chance upon this thread; http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-color-library/please-post-your-red-chanel-items-here-199808-6.html see post 38, 41 & 76. The Metallic Dark Red captivated me!(so did the Purple!! :lol:)

I was also surprised, the Metallic dark red is still available since the posts in this thread was dated 2008!

Will the "foily" finishes be a concern? Is it difficult to maintain?

in general, there is always the possibility that metallics might scratch, fade, crack, and/or peel, but the risks doesn't stop me in purchasing if i really luv the color...

what about goin w/ your FIRST love :graucho:

Last edited:
Hmmm I really like the dark silver, and this silver is so pretty too! My vote is for silver, more wearable than red, to me!

Another vote for silver!

Hmm, I like both.. The red with its GHW is stunning! But definitely silver wld be easier to match.

But like purse-nality recommends, maybe you shd go with the dark grey jumbo :P

Thank you Sylphfae, Lipgloss1029 & Princessmehmeh!
Seems like the Silver is leading! ;) yeah, i agree..the silver will be easier to match. If only i can afford both! sigh...

in general, there is always the possibility that metallics might scratch, fade, crack, and/or peel, but the risks doesn't stop me in purchasing if i really luv the color...

what about goin w/ your FIRST love :graucho:

@purse-nality: ahhh..never knew abt this Metallic Dark Grey jumbo classic flap...it's gorgeous! :love::drool:
Is this reseller trustworthy? i've never buy from ebay...not sure if its worth the risk. ohhh, nooo..now i want this too! :P Which, by your opinion will be a better buy/more sought after?

Anyway, the Metallic Dark Grey i was looking for is a 227(see pix below *taken from this forum*).

Pardon me for all the questions...i'm so lost now that i cant decide. Am afraid i might make the wrong decision. :sad:

Chanel255reissue-darksilver.jpg