Computer advice needed-memory upgrade

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Thought maybe someone can give me some input here.

we have a Dell Dimension 2400 desktop. I want to install some more memory in it and called Dell and found out 512MB of RAM is $82.95 with them, free shipping.

Now, I looked around on the web and have found a few sites that say they sell Dell compatible memory and these sites are about $20.00 to $30.00 cheaper than Dell, also with free shipping.

I would like to save the money. Does anyone out there own a Dell and have you bought memory or other things from companies other than Dell? or, has anyone ever dealt with any of the following?:

EdgeTech.com
MemoryStock.com
memoryX.net

Thanks!

It doesn't have to be directly from Dell for it to work :smile:
I went online to find out exactly what my presario needed, and then shopped around! I got a great deal at CompUSA, actually.

Try NewEgg ... Can't beat the prices. The only time I added memory, my computer went belly-up. I am not sure if it was user-error, although I checked the specs and bought the right memory. Make sure you get the right kind.

wow $83 for 512mb of ram is way too much. like everyone said, check out newegg.com for ram. a 512mb stick should go for about $40-50.

corsair, crucial, kingston, ocz, mushkin are some good brands. doesn't really matter which speed you choose, pc2700 or pc3200. it won't matter on your system. just get the cheaper one.