Help! In correct tracking information...

Mar 28, 2010
Hi all,
Would be extremely of any advice given, am worried sick, so here is the story:
So on 25th June 2010 i ordered a bag from a seller on E-bay (seller is located in USA), i paid straight away and they sent on 27th June 2010, it was dispatched for the UK on 29th June 2010,
I have been checking tracking information everyday so i can see when has cleared customs so can gauge roughly what day delievry will be made so that i know to be in,
Well on July 5th 2010 the package was cleared through customs and was "at the foreign delivery unit"
So this morning i tracked again and recieved the following update: "Attempted Delivery Abroad, July 06, 2010, 2:01 am, GREAT BRITAIN" which is NOT true! The only person that has knocked on my door all morning is my postman and no-one else,
2 things are puzzling me about the information provided:
A, if they WERE to of been an attempted delivery that was missed because of not being in or i wasn't awake then surely they would of left a "while you were out" type card in order for the recipient to know that a delivery had been attempted and to give the appropriate information so that the recipient could arrange a re-delivery
and B, who in the he!! would attempt to deliver a parcel at 2:01am!!!!
I have contacted the seller this morning to try and shed some light on the situation (just incase by some error she wrote the incorrect address on the package) but something is not adding up, especially considering she has re-listed the item,
What do you ladies (and possibly gents) suggest that i do? TIA

Last edited:
It was probably 2:01AM US time, so that would be 7:01AM your time (I think!) - is it possible you were still sleeping, in the shower, etc? I agree that a card should have been left, but maybe it blew away or the delivery person forgot? I would contact the post office and inquire with them directly before worrying too much, though I do find it odd that the seller has relisted the item. Is it something unique?

Sometimes tracking is a little misleading. If they are issuing a customs charge then you sometimes get the 'delivery attempt' message when the letter is produced to advise you of the charges.

Are you tracking on parcelforce website or royal mail? I'd ring them and ask.

As to the relist, afraid I have no useful input there. Sorry.

The timing on the tracking sites aren't always accurate. I've had packages delivered at say 1pm, but it'll say something like "delivered at 11am". Maybe 11am is when the truck leaves the warehouse.

You could always call your local PO and ask if there's a package for you.

If your seller is a business, maybe she has multiples of the same item?

I had sent a bag to a buyer in Great Britain and the tracking said twice that there had been "attempted delivery". There had been no delivery attempt. She said she finally went to the post office and the bag was there, she paid the customs fees and took it home, happy to finally have it.

Sometimes tracking is a little misleading. If they are issuing a customs charge then you sometimes get the 'delivery attempt' message when the letter is produced to advise you of the charges.

Are you tracking on parcelforce website or royal mail? I'd ring them and ask.

As to the relist, afraid I have no useful input there. Sorry.

Thankyou so much for your answers ladies (yours inparticular vernis-lover)

I managed to find out that Parcel-force have the package and it is in their posession and the custom fees letter was sent out early this morning, hopefully it will be with me tomorrow :nuts:

Careless of them though to put "attempted delivery" on the website so it looks as though they attempted to deliver to the recipient when they didn't...

Thankyou so much for your answers ladies (yours inparticular vernis-lover)

I managed to find out that Parcel-force have the package and it is in their posession and the custom fees letter was sent out early this morning, hopefully it will be with me tomorrow :nuts:

Careless of them though to put "attempted delivery" on the website so it looks as though they attempted to deliver to the recipient when they didn't...

If you don't want to wait for the customs letter (usually takes a few days) then you can just ring Parcelforce, identify the parcel with the tracking number, find out the amount and pay over the telephone. Parcel will then be with you the next working day.

It normally says something like "awaiting payment customs charges" but I've certainly seen the same message as you have more than once with my items. Probably someone who doesn't know the correct codes to use.

I tried to do it over the phone but they would not let me, they told me i had to wait for the letter to arrive as it would contain the reference number and all details, it is okay though as the letter arrived this morning and i paid online and fingers crossed the parcel will be with me tomorrow :biggrin:

I tried to do it over the phone but they would not let me, they told me i had to wait for the letter to arrive as it would contain the reference number and all details, it is okay though as the letter arrived this morning and i paid online and fingers crossed the parcel will be with me tomorrow :biggrin:

That's bizarre because I've paid over the phone before without having the letter first! Anyway, never mind, hope it arrives tomorrow for you.