Help pls!! How chic are BBags? (Job interview)

MarieG

Platinum Member
O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Hi Ladies,

I will be returning to Australia in a month and will have to go through to a few job interviews and am wondering if my black City or First are chick enough to wear with a black suit and a white blouse for a job interview?

Thanks in advance!:yes:

P.S. Would love to see pics of you ladies in a chick outfit w/a BBag!

Hmmm...I know folks in HR...they do tend to dress the corporate part, at least here in the US. So if you're applying to a hip company, I'd say go with the b bag. If you're applying to a more conservative company, like a big law firm or something, I'd say play it a little safer -- the b bag is pretty sexy and makes a very strong personal statement.

Hmmm...I know folks in HR...they do tend to dress the corporate part, at least here in the US. So if you're applying to a hip company, I'd say go with the b bag. If you're applying to a more conservative company, like a big law firm or something, I'd say play it a little safer -- the b bag is pretty sexy and makes a very strong personal statement.

Thanks for your responses, ladies!:yes:

I think you're right, Highglossfinish- I should probably try to go with a safer bag if I am unsure about the company- I probably have to buy another bag then because my BBags are my only nice black bags:rolleyes:

I think you should go for something plain...non bbag. If you don't have anything plan, just be sure to tuck the tassles in.

I agree with elongreach, I think you should go with something more plain...you never know what kind of environment the company is, even if it's a trendy laid back company. The fact that you will be in HR, people tend to be more observant and detailed in terms of the little things of a new applicant... the way they dress, speak , body language, etc.. the whole first impression (in my opinion) matters....

Good luck on your interview! and let us know how it goes!! ;)

I support our blackberry users here on campus - (not students - the administratives) - and pretty much have to look the corporate part - I always carry one of my firsts.

I don't think people notice them as much - especially the darker colors. But the bag looks very nice (and corporate - ) in my opinion.

I would definintely go with a black first. rather than an LV, chloe, fendi spy - something trendy like that - I would stay away from.

Also stay away from the cheapo penny's purse :smile:

Thanks for your thoughful responses, ladies!:yes: The opinions on the first seem to be a bit divided...Hmmmm, maybe I should take the first to most interviews apart from the really conservative companies?

I also agree with you, Rocco, that logo bags as well as trendy bags are an absolute no no-that's mainly why I was considering my BBags. My main concern were the tassles on my BBags and I also feel that the first in black is a lot more subtle than he city.

I would definitely appreciate more opinions as I know that a lot of you ladies work in a very chick envirnoment and I am very curious what you would think if someone turned up in a chick suit, heels etc and a BBag :yes: