Question about reselling

genegeri

O.G.
May 14, 2010
I came across a chanel bag selling on ebay today. The seller bought the bag preowned for $1350 and is now selling the bag as brand new saying she kept it in her closet for 2 years and never used. It's auction and buy it now for $2000. Is this something I should report or no? I was watching this bag so I still have the old listing and it's same pictures and same serial number and of course, same person that bought the bag preowned. I'm sure this would happen alot but is quite unfair for whoever buys this bag.

Wow. People are crafty aren't they? Report it if you want but it may not go anywhere as long as it's genuine. Bc basically it's a free market and buyer beware. Yes I suppose it's misrepresentation but maybe it is as if brand new and on some level it's judgment..z. Definitely warn people here :smile:
I came across a chanel bag selling on ebay today. The seller bought the bag preowned for $1350 and is now selling the bag as brand new saying she kept it in her closet for 2 years and never used. It's auction and buy it now for $2000. Is this something I should report or no? I was watching this bag so I still have the old listing and it's same pictures and same serial number and of course, same person that bought the bag preowned. I'm sure this would happen alot but is quite unfair for whoever buys this bag.

I doubt eBay will do anything even if you reported them. What might happen is the buyer who ends up with it will notice it was used because of signs of wear and file for SNAD (significantly not as described). Also, seller can list whatever price they want, nothing will stop them except 'days on market' which will eventually end up being relisted at a lower price.

The part that bothers me the most is that the seller is listing it as "brand new" and as others have said...the seller is free to list her own price.

looks like they've even used the same photos too.
i guess that's the way business goes, but to be untruthful about the description is pretty awful. i don't see a reason to even make up a story how it's been in the closet for 2 years. just say it was a "bad buy choice."

This is one reason why I make sure to check the seller's FB. I have noticed this over in LV, so I'm not surprised.

I've read somewhere that some sellers have a couple of IDs that they use to buy and sell on ebay.

Does this sometimes have to do with creating lower precedent and then trying to get others to sell for lower price by any chance? I got a strange message once that seemed on the sketchier side trying to prove I should sell my bag for less... And it seemed then perhaps could be for further resale... It was just weird is all I can say... And yes people are crafty to make $$. And that does not always = illegal!