Is Multicolor out of style?

I think MC is so fun but I do always equate it with a younger crowd. Now that I am pushing 40 I don't think I can pull it off. :biggrin:

I see a lot of LV where I live and work and I very rarely see MC. I think maybe it's just because it is a lot more expensive than Mono or Damier, not that it's out of style. I'm over 50 so I wouldn't carry a MC bag, but I'd love a wallet.

I love how MC somehow equates with one's age! I am on my way to 50 (but I am hot....LOL!!!) and I guess that is why it works for me! LOL!!!

I don't think it is out of style, but it is a more expensive line.
I love my black MC Priscilla and I would love to get a white MC bag someday!
I'm 39 so age is definitely not a factor!

Agreed! And Priscilla is so gorgeous.

Age has nothing to do with it! Rock it :smile:

Agreed whole heartedly!

I'm loving everyone's comments! Thank you! I just bought the Black MC Alma yesterday so hopefully it will be here before the weekend :yahoo:

Since I live in Chicago, I figured black would hold up in the bad weather better than the gorgeous white- I'd probably never take it out of the house! And I prefer a year-round bag since I just bought the Azur NF which is more of a warm weather handbag.

Again, thanks for all of your responses, I love hearing your opinions!

xoxo
nikki

I can't wait to see it. Nikki, congratulations. This bag will be the queen of your collection. Mine is!

Last edited:
I wouldn't say they're out dated. Perhaps Multicolore is considered too trendy for the price point. For example, I love Ursula and Judy! I don't know that I want to pay over 2K for a bag with all the vachetta and bright colors. I' rather invest it in a more classic bag.

Multicolor, Cherry Blossom, Graffiti & Cerise are my favorite LV lines. I love the different colors across a black or white canvas. I have not personally seen the MC Alma IRL, but I can only imagine it's gorgeous! I think you should get it. If you don't get it now, you will be kicking yourself later. Trust me. That has happened to me too many times in my life. lol!

I'm loving everyone's comments! Thank you! I just bought the Black MC Alma yesterday so hopefully it will be here before the weekend :yahoo:

Since I live in Chicago, I figured black would hold up in the bad weather better than the gorgeous white- I'd probably never take it out of the house! And I prefer a year-round bag since I just bought the Azur NF which is more of a warm weather handbag.

Again, thanks for all of your responses, I love hearing your opinions!

xoxo
nikki
Good for you! Enjoy it!!! I have the 2 speedys in MC and they are great bags!

I wouldn't say MC is out of style. It's definitely still selling since they do come out with new MC bags/accessories every now and then.
Personally I wouldn't carry a MC bag because it's a little bit too much for me (I am very simple) but I do have a few SLGs in MC and I love them! It's fun, chic, and I just love the splash of colors on the canvas! :love:

I'd say get whatever you love and enjoy! :flowers:

I have my MC black pochette and MC black Alma. I don't use either bag very often but I do like them still considering they still look quite new. And I tend not to see as many MC bags but the traditional LV bags and I like to be different. I'm not really a big fan of brown bags.

I will sell my LV Multicolore Speedy because I have a toddler and cannot use it as much as my shoulder bags. However, whenever I look at it, I feel like it is one of the most beautiful LV bags ever. Eye catching and very modern looking...I love this one much more then regular ones. I do not know how to say "bye" to this darling bag:sad:.

So, if you find a nice second hand MC bag, just get it. You will love it. Maybe in the future( when my children get older), I have another MC bag...

Thank you everyone again for your advice!! It makes me feel much better knowing I've made the right choice. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow- I might have to do my first reveal!

I definitely don't think the Multicolore line is passe. Of course there is going to be a time of recession but I don't think it's out of style at all. I am currently eyeing this Multicolore Business Card Holder.