No box and lose stitching . What going on

henrekes

Nov 27, 2009
Hey guys,

I was in Louis Vuitton the other day with my Mum and she purchased a Neverfull MM and a Zippy Coin purse both in Monogram , I have also been saving for Keepall so when the guy brang it out , I noticed all the stitching was coming undone , so I asked him for a better one to be brought out and I examined this one and he seemed like he was getting annoyed with me , I did purchase the one with good stitching, now im wondering will they sell someone that damaged keepall or make it a display , I think paying for something this expensive you should have A+ quality.
When we walked out I realized they did not give us boxes for our bags , just left them in the sleeper bags.

whats going on seriously

That's horrible about the stitching! I guess someone else will end up with it unless they notice it.
I didn't get a box or bow when I purchased my Damier Ebene Speedy 30 at the Boca Raton boutique but I did get a box and dustbag and brand new Sarah wallet because they couldn't repair the one I brought in (pre-loved, 2 years old off the bay).
I had also brought in two small LV dustbags and the SA exchanged them for the bigger drawstring dustbags, haha.
Next time I'm going to request gift wrap and the whole nine yards.

That's horrible about the stitching! I guess someone else will end up with it unless they notice it.
I didn't get a box or bow when I purchased my Damier Ebene Speedy 30 at the Boca Raton boutique but I did get a box and dustbag and brand new Sarah wallet because they couldn't repair the one I brought in (pre-loved, 2 years old off the bay).
I had also brought in two small LV dustbags and the SA exchanged them for the bigger drawstring dustbags, haha.
Next time I'm going to request gift wrap and the whole nine yards.

just curious. what was wrong with your Sarah?

they are going green (and maybe a little cheap), so many boxes just get tossed out....i know I throw my boxes away at least. Thats weird about the stitching though.

They'd probably sell the damaged one. :\ I was reading some of the other posts, and some people were even saying that for newer customers, some stores will switch items while they are wrapping things up in the back (where you cannot see) and give you a defective product.

In any case, it is good that you insisted on getting a better one! And a lot of people do not get the boxes unless you ask. There has been more posts about the box issue lately.

They'd probably sell the damaged one. :\ I was reading some of the other posts, and some people were even saying that for newer customers, some stores will switch items while they are wrapping things up in the back (where you cannot see) and give you a defective product.
Oh my... that's a bit disturbing. Actually very disturbing. :sad: The thought of them doing that to anyone is... =X I've never even considered that before but now I think I'll make a mental note to have them wrap things in front of me lol.

Oh my... that's a bit disturbing. Actually very disturbing. :sad: The thought of them doing that to anyone is... =X I've never even considered that before but now I think I'll make a mental note to have them wrap things in front of me lol.

It's probably not that common, but it happens. On one of the threads, someone was saying that when they went to pay for their speedy, it was listed as Made in France. Afterwards, the SA took it to the back to wrap it up. She realized later that she received a Made in USA speedy instead, so they must have switched the products during the wrapping.

Not that there's anything wrong with the Made in USA speedies, but I doubt she would have realized the switch if it wasn't for such an obvious tell. :\ There's probably more subtle switches going on under the radar, and the buyer probably doesn't know it. Apparently the more popular products (ie. Made in France) get withheld from new customers in some stores at least.

Another thread was also talking about hotstamping and how someone sent in one of their 2004 pieces in to get hotstamped. After it was hotstamped, the owner realized that the SA gave them a 2008 piece instead (SA didn't say anything). The owner stated that he/she thinks that the SA did the hotstamping wrong the first time and decided to switch the pieces quietly. Though I guess in this case, the switch was probably a GOOD thing, though it was irritating that the SA didn't tell the owner anything.

Last edited:
Wow, which store were you at? Also, boxes are not part of the sale. They may give you one if they feel like it, or if it's a gift for someone, or if you request it.

Also, brang is not a word. But, I'm just being picky :biggrin:

I got boxes at every purchase I made, I don't ask for it. maybe it dependent on the SA's and how good their days are. at a luxury brand the SA's should be very very very friendly to the costumer. but many of them are snobby because they work there. it's ridiculous.

The stitching sounds like a fluke. I know it can happen and I wouldn't have wanted it either. However the SA sounds like they were not very professional. They should understand you do not want to spend a lot of money on something defective.

As far as the box you have to ask for it. My SA always asks me now or just gives it to me, but she really knows me. In the beggining I had to ask for a box. You could still probably go in with your receipt and get one if you wanted to.