STAIN on brand new briefcase! Please help!

foxytnns

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm in desperate need of help! I have a brand new brown leather Coach briefcase (sorry, don't know the style name or anything). There was a bit of an accident and well...long story short, there are now tea stains all down the front of the bag :crybaby:. I feel absolutely sick to my stomach.

Anyone have any ideas on the best way to try and remove this? I've read through past threads about cleaning the leather but I don't know what type of leather this is and I'm really nervous to just try out a bunch of things.

I'm thinking my best bet is to take it somewhere, but I'm so worried that will only make it worse.

Any suggestions? TIA!

Is it this bag (borrowed a pic from bonanzle, not my auction):

Yep, that's it!

I took it into Coach tonight and they used moisturizer on it. It helped a small bit, but the stain is still noticeable.

One SA suggested I apply the moisturizer a few more times over the next few days, while another SA suggested I do not use any more of the moisturizer. She said over time the leather will darken on its own because of the oils in my hand and that should solve the problem. Obviously, the only downside to that is that the stain will be noticeable for quite awhile.

Would you all suggest I leave it alone or use the moisturizer a few more times?

I'd try the moisturizer again. I think the worst that could happen is it might darken the leather a bit, but then it would be more even, and it should help get some of the stain out. But if you can get the Apple moisturizer/conditioner that may be even better especially as you're using it multiple times. I think it's better for the leather overall and it makes the leather really soft and supple. GL, it's a beautiful briefcase.

I'd try the moisturizer again. I think the worst that could happen is it might darken the leather a bit, but then it would be more even, and it should help get some of the stain out. But if you can get the Apple moisturizer/conditioner that may be even better especially as you're using it multiple times. I think it's better for the leather overall and it makes the leather really soft and supple. GL, it's a beautiful briefcase.

Thank you!

And if it makes you feel better, I've used Apple moisturizer/conditioner on all my leather Coach bags multiple times total, like every few weeks, and I've never had any problems.

Let us know how it goes.