H belt kit...to logo and flashy?

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I live in a small town where no one really knows of Hermes...I moved here for work. I have the H belt kit with the silver "H" and wear used to wear it often. However since I've moved here I'm wondering if it's too flashy/logo-ey, KWIM?

I live in a small town where no one really knows of Hermes...I moved here for work. I have the H belt kit with the silver "H" and wear used to wear it often. However since I've moved here I'm wondering if it's too flashy/logo-ey, KWIM?

I live in a small town, too. IMHO, go ahead and wear it. I'd be very surprised if anyone even noticed, let alone had any idea of the value of the belt. I occasionally wear an H scarf if we go out, and nobody except my label-loving friend knows what it is.

(I met an acquaintance in the grocery store here one day, and complimented her on her Hermes handbag -- she was shocked -- I was the only person who had ever noticed it and knew what it was!)

Well .. how about the LV, Chanel, Goyard, BV toting ladies and gent's .. just to mention a few:P .. not here to discriminate or pass judgement, but just pointing out what's on the streets. Wear what you love. HTH. For me, it's always been H:nuts:

I live in a large city - I carry a BIRKIN and no one knows what it is (there's no boutique here), although if I carry LV, it gets noticed.

If no one knows what it is, and you love your belt, then wear it.

It's funny because the fact that H is not recognised here means I carry H because I love it, rather than for the status/recognition effect, which is why some people may wear Hermes. (By this I'm thinking of certain "celebrities";)).

It might be too flashy if the environment you are in is a less-well off one. If it isn't recognised then no-one knows its worth or what the H stands for so it's ok. I remember reading on here about a tPFer with a Constance (I think). Someone asked her what the "H" stood for, and she said "handbag"! :biggrin: People only know as much as you tell them, so don't worry and wear your belt.

I live in a large city - I carry a BIRKIN and no one knows what it is (there's no boutique here), although if I carry LV, it gets noticed.

If no one knows what it is, and you love your belt, then wear it.

It's funny because the fact that H is not recognised here means I carry H because I love it, rather than for the status/recognition effect, which is why some people may wear Hermes. (By this I'm thinking of certain "celebrities";)).

It might be too flashy if the environment you are in is a less-well off one. If it isn't recognised then no-one knows its worth or what the H stands for so it's ok. I remember reading on here about a tPFer with a Constance (I think). Someone asked her what the "H" stood for, and she said "handbag"! :biggrin: People only know as much as you tell them, so don't worry and wear your belt.

:lol:

OP wear your belt with pride. If no one knows the brand they won't know even notice the buckle

If you're in small town and (supposedly) no one really knows Hermes, then it's fine, they'll probably just think you're wearing belt with big "H" on it - maybe your initial - Hailey, Hillary, Hannah, but if one of they get curious and ask for the price, they'll probably say "[H]olysh*t" :biggrin:

If you're in small town and (supposedly) no one really knows Hermes, then it's fine, they'll probably just think you're wearing belt with big "H" on it - maybe your initial - Hailey, Hillary, Hannah, but if one of they get curious and ask for the price, they'll probably say "[H]olysh*t" :biggrin:

:roflmfao::roflmfao

Yep you ladies (and gents) are right...to each is own and Hermes is "my own"

LVLOVER....I, too, live in a town where no-one really knows Hermes. It's great because it gives me the freedom to haul around my bags and wear my belts without comment.

The ONLY time I ever got a comment was standing in the grocery line toting my toile/leather Kelly. THe lady behind me said, "Oh! I LOVE your vintage bag!". LOL!!!!!

LVlover, i have the opposite problem from you. i live in hong kong, which is one of the most over-designer-saturated cities in the world. it means that i hate wearing items that are too obvious or instantly recognizable.

much as i like it, i've refrained from buying the H belt because it's almost too common in this city. have to go out of my way to acquire things that are understated.

so i really encourage you to wear your H belt and enjoy it! stealth is best! it's nice when you know the special-ness of what you're wearing, like a little secret. enjoy!

I would wear it, definitely. It's not that obviously an H to me, but I would just shrug if asked and say it was just the design of the buckle and you liked it.

I live in a small village, and noone here knows many brands at all - only really the ones they read about in magazines or see on TV.

OP - I think we are lucky in the way that we don't live in huge cities, such as London, where the items would be more recognised. I say wear your belt with pride. I've never been asked about mine, or my bags.

Although once someone saw my orange faconné H tie and thought I worked at Sainsbury's :roflmfao:

(For those not in the UK, Sainsbury's is a grocery store who's logo and branding is bright orange)

Last edited: