Balenciaga Work or LV Damier Chelsea?

Work or Chelsea

• Work

• Chelsea

Results are only viewable after voting.

bernz84

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
I don't need to make a big decision now (since I plan to get a Balenciaga First/City and a couple more LV things later), but which one should I get? Both don't scream logos and both are great sizes.

Here's what a Work looks like (Note: this is NOT the only color it comes in; I'm going to get one in a different color for sure!):

work.jpg

Here's what a Chelsea looks like
chelsea.jpg

I like the Chelsea because I know that it is versatile and I can take it out in the bad weather without a problem. At the same time, I feel I'm a little "LV-ed" out :shame: (I've been mainly getting LV over other brands), but I don't own anything from the damier line, yet. I would love the Balenciaga, but I don't know how it holds up compared to the Chelsea...also, the B-Bag has a higher price range than the LV, even in resale value, so that's another factor. :Push:

Which one would you get?

Oops sorry to rush you! I think it would be great for grad school. What do you want to study?

No prob. :yes: I'm trying to get into a PhD program in Psychology. I don't want anything that has logos for school...and I want a bag that I can carry over to work (eventually) for years to come.

Personally, I love both these bags, but I don't know which one I should really get!

Believe me the Chelsea is worth the wait!!!!!!
i love mine and just got it last fall and have enjoyed it so much.
Its a great size and I have even used as an overnight bag/carryon.
It doesn't care about the weather, good or bad and its just wonderful, What can i say............ It will work great for school-congrats.........
but it will be great for that first job as well.

I love the Balenciaga! The only negative is that it looks handheld instead of a shoulder strap, so that's personal preference. I love the look of it though!

I LOVE the Balenciaga work - I think it will be my next purchase.:love:

Balenciaga leather and the quality of the bags in general is oustanding so I highly recommend getting the BBag:yes:

I love the Balenciaga! The only negative is that it looks handheld instead of a shoulder strap, so that's personal preference. I love the look of it though!

I thought this was a drawback, too, but I've seen people throw this on their shoulder without a problem (because the bag is fairly large)...

Gah, this is too hard! :sad:

If you are concerned with looking "professional" get the Chelsea. It is more polished looking. But since your line of work may be more relaxed, that may not be an issue. The Chelsea (I have had one) will wear like iron and always look new, so it will certainly last past school into your work years. Not all B bags hold up like that, depending on color etc. My problem with the Chelsea was that the handles are stiff and didn't stay on my shoulder easily. Not everyone has that problem.
Bottom line -- B bag is much cooler looking, Chelsea more professional. Depends on which look you are going for.