pawn shop finds - photos of your pawn shop treasures

Oh I did some research on the yellow color gems stone. I think it's citrine and it happens to be that Citrine is my birthstone. I never know that cir tine is my birthstone, LOL. I like what I found so far.

Here are the pics of the citrine solitaire and half eternity.

Citrine Solitaire for $60. Yea! It's my birthstone. It's size 7, i have to resize down to 4.75.

2010-06-0610-58-10_resize.jpg

2010-06-0610-55-44_resize.jpg

2010-06-0610-56-32_resize.jpg

Here is the 14kt WG half eternity that bought for my sister, size 7.5. Inside the ring there is no label 14kt. Should I be concern?
2010-06-0610-59-41_resize.jpg

2010-06-0611-00-53_resize.jpg

2010-06-0611-01-48_resize.jpg

hey everyone! I went to a pawn shop today and I found a 1/2 carat old mine cut diamond. the owner suspects its half carat but it looks heavier to me because of the small table and it has a lot of depth on the bottom of the stone. it is set in 18k white gold antique art deco setting. it used to have sapphire triangle shaped stones on each side but it they we removed before trading. the pawn broker says he can do 500 with tax. its price tag is 700. im trying to get him down to 450 with taxes.

its really pretty!!

hey everyone! I went to a pawn shop today and I found a 1/2 carat old mine cut diamond. the owner suspects its half carat but it looks heavier to me because of the small table and it has a lot of depth on the bottom of the stone. it is set in 18k white gold antique art deco setting. it used to have sapphire triangle shaped stones on each side but it they we removed before trading. the pawn broker says he can do 500 with tax. its price tag is 700. im trying to get him down to 450 with taxes.

its really pretty!!

Pics please! This is my new fave thread!! I would say 98% of what I buy is used...why not my jewelry too?? LOL! I'm a thrift store queen! I wish you guys could check out this pawn shop here (or maybe that's a bad idea :P)...she has something amazing things and the best part???? She doesn't even know it!! LOL!

its really pretty!!

Oh wow, ditto on the pics! I adore old mine cut stones, they're so beautiful. Good luck on it, I hope you get it for what you're wanting to pay!

thanks stophle, i'm going to check back today and see what we can do :biggrin: he said that it has been there forever because people are only interested in modern cuts so hopefully we can work something out...