Distressing a birkin? Huh?

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
I didnt post this in Shopping because its not really a "find," and i dont really care if its authentic, exactly....just wanna say.... HUH???
:confused1: :confused1:
I saw this on ebay. 260073895311

"... The owner of this bag decided that she didn't like the color and had it professionally distressed..."

????

ba1e_12_b.JPG

Very, Very nice!!!!! She is an authentic seller of handbags. She is very well know in the "Vintage Luxury Goods" Circle of trusties! :shrugs:

The only thing I'm amazed at is the price! That bag is from 1988, I think that this is why it looks like this because of it's age, not because someone got it distressed. Her price is outrageous and she should lower it.

yes, that Thalassa birkin she has is so pretty.
I just couldnt imagine the distressing.

It distressed me, I guess.
But they did a pretty good job of doing it, in any case.

Bagaholic, the listing says 1998, so 10 years younger than you thought.

if it was 'distressed" it can't be refurbished though, right? Price should def. be lower!

This thought ran through my mind too. Will Hermes still accept a H bag that has been distressed? Hermes will not do this to their own creations, so I though maybe they won't take it in anymore for refurbishment. Hope someone can shed some light on this. Thanks :heart:

This thought ran through my mind too. Will Hermes still accept a H bag that has been distressed? Hermes will not do this to their own creations, so I though maybe they won't take it in anymore for refurbishment. Hope someone can shed some light on this. Thanks :heart:

Hmmm I wonder if they would distinguish between "distressed on purpose" and "just really beat up/abused"? :shrugs: If you were wanting to rescue it/return it to it's former glory???