Dancing with the Stars- Season 10

^^ All I know is, my favourites never win. :lol:

Lots of people must have voted for Nicole though. Unless the show is fixed, which I am inclined to believe anyway.
I would like to know how they figure out the eliminations/winner.
The judge's scores come into play and so do the viewers votes, but how?
Nicole and Derek had the highest scores of the night on Monday - they also came out ahead in their dances on Tuesday (how do Evan and Ana get a 30 the first time they dance the Argentine Tango, IMPROVE upon it and score a 28???). Altho Nicole obviously had a lot of fans, from what I've read on various msg boards, the overall consensus was that she didn't deserve to win, so my best guess is that Evan had the highest number of viewer votes. Did the scores from Tuesday carry THAT much weight?

^^
judges scores are worth 50%, audience votes count for the other half

regarding Evan's 28 on the argentine tango... each couple chooses their favorite dance to do again and everyone chose the argentine tango. this time however, the first place couple gets 30, 2nd gets 28, 3rd gets 26.

If the premise of the show is to take people out of their element, then that should exclude Donny, et. al. Once you start moving the line, people like Nicole can be on the show. Mya took tap as a child and danced as part of her singing career and I remember people saying that was unfair. If Donny did hire a coach, this includes him as well. You can't pick and choose because the person you wanted to win did not. If it is okay for a few, its okay for all. You can say the training is a far cry, well who gets to draw the line? Clearly the producers do and they were okay with it.

If the premise of the show is to take people out of their element, then that should exclude Donny, et. al. Once you start moving the line, people like Nicole can be on the show. Mya took tap as a child and danced as part of her singing career and I remember people saying that was unfair. If Donny did hire a coach, this includes him as well. You can't pick and choose because the person you wanted to win did not. If it is okay for a few, its okay for all. You can say the training is a far cry, well who gets to draw the line? Clearly the producers do and they were okay with it.

Nicole is the first contestant who's CURRENT profession is professional dancer. She is also the FIRST contestant who MAJORED in danced and studied it ALL of her life. As I said earlier, a class here and there does not equal the lifetime of dancing/training Nicole has done.

Donny Osmond was not and is not a dancer - he is a singer/performer. Far, far cry from professional dancer!!

It's got nothing to do with picking and choosing who I wanted to win. I believe that with Nicole in the mix, the competition was unbalanced and unfair and she really had no business being on the show. That's not the type of "Star" I tune into watch

there's a difference between taking dance classes when you're younger, studying ballet when you're an ice skater or gymnast, or haven danced in a boy band or musical group. When you're CURRENT career is "PROFESSIONAL DANCER" you don't belong on DWTS. The Pussycat Dolls are not exactly known for their songs/music (sure, people remember them). They're known for their dancing and routines. Not only that, but Nicole isn't just a professional dancer, she STUDIED dance in school and MAJORED in it. A ballet or tap or jazz class here and there, doesn't equal the years of dancing/training that goes into a Dance MAJOR.

And I'm relatively sure that during her course of studies as a dance major, Nicole probably STUDIED ballroom dancing and probably learned a thing or two about the waltz or tango or the Quick Step. Chances are an ice skater, a gymnast, a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader DIDN'T learn these styles/techniques during their training.

Everyone can argue that gymnasts or ice skaters or athletes have unfair advantage of the common "celebrity" but actors and actresses also have the performance training that the athletes have never had, which IMO, puts them on a level playing field. But to take a professional dancer, who dances for a living, has studied dance all of her life and put her up against the actors, actresses, models, and athletes - well, there's no competition then. You all know who's going to come out ahead (and this was proven when she recd 2 perfect scores during the 2nd week! How do you IMPROVE from there?)

I like watching DWTS to see these "stars" out of their element, learning new skills and working hard to improve. It's boring (and rather insulting, if you ask me!) watching someone who KNOWS how to dance and dances well (far above anyone else) whine and cry and complain each week that it "wasn't perfect" or that "I'm a performer - that's what I do" and the receive praise for doing what she already knows how to do, when these other people are working their a$$es off to catch up and try to do as well and then are criticized or harshly judged.

The final two this season SHOULD have been Evan and Erin and either one of them SHOULD have won -- they improved and learned and worked really hard and had come far farther than Nicole, who looked the same this week as she looked during Week One

BEST POST EVER!!! I :heart: you!!!!!! :love:

I know she is such a biatch. She was on GMA this morning and my gawd I would just love to crack her. I am SO GLAD this show is over. I hate looking at Erin. Let her go back to where she is most comfortable...the mens locker room :rolleyes:

OMG wasnt that RIDICULOUS! :nuts: Rolling around on a bed is ALL they could come up with??? I guess we all know what they do at night :rolleyes:

I find both of these comments to be highly offensive and distasteful. You don't like Erin, that's fine. But you don't have to accuse her of promiscuity. You nor I have ANY idea what she and Maks do (and I really don't care - they are adults and a beautiful couple). I notice you aren't accusing any of the other dancers of the same thing. And the locker room comment was BEYOND THE PALE. She likes sports and "guy stuff," so that means she's sleeping with all the guys? How offensive. :wtf:

I liked Erin as well. I dont appreciate the Erin bashing. Do they not all dress in skimpy clothes and dance seductively with each other? Was it just erin? No, so if a person is going to talk about one, talk about them all. Their all on the same show doing the SAME thing!

Last edited:

Nicole is the first contestant who's CURRENT profession is professional dancer. She is also the FIRST contestant who MAJORED in danced and studied it ALL of her life. As I said earlier, a class here and there does not equal the lifetime of dancing/training Nicole has done.

Donny Osmond was not and is not a dancer - he is a singer/performer. Far, far cry from professional dancer!!

It's got nothing to do with picking and choosing who I wanted to win. I believe that with Nicole in the mix, the competition was unbalanced and unfair and she really had no business being on the show. That's not the type of "Star" I tune into watch
Everyone is saying that, but someone must have voted for her. Middle America? Who actually likes her enough to vote for her?

Everyone is saying that, but someone must have voted for her. Middle America? Who actually likes her enough to vote for her?
You'd probably be surprised. A local TV station where I live has a FB page and asked the question if their FB followers thought Nicole deserved to win and out of about 200 or so responses, there was about 75% who said Yes. So, my guess is the majority of the viewers (or voters) who watch DWTS either have no clue who the PCD's are or what Nicole's background entails. Also, I am beginning to believe the viewer voting really doesn't count for as much as they claim it does.

I agree 100%.

I also had a problem with the former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader (maybe it was that Bachelor chick? I don't watch this show regularly) who was on a couple of seasons ago.

As a former dancer and dance teacher, I can personally tell you that having ANY dance background and training is going to give you a serious leg up - even if it isn't the same style of dance as what's on DWTS. It doesn't matter if you trained in hip hop, ballet, jazz, tap, Irish step, clogging, whatever. The steps/techniques may differ, but there are basic things in dance that cross all boundaries/ and styles - timing, rhythm, stage presence, balance, etc. Even simple things like smiling on stage and not counting or looking at your (or your partner's) feet. And those are often the things that beginning dancers struggle the most with - not the footwork. It simply isn't fair to put someone like Nicole up against someone like say, Kate Gosselin, who has probably never had a dance class in her life.

Joel McHale said it best on The Soup when he said the show will now be called, "Dancing with the Dancers." :lol:

Last edited: