ISO: small MP in brick red

aspw

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
Has anybody seen the small MP in brick red in any Neiman Last Call? Would you be so kind to post here if you come across one, or send me a PM?

Thanks in advance.

It could be the lighting, but the reds look different to me. Are you sure the bags with silver hardware are Brick Red?
Yes, brick red is from an older collection (2005 iirc??), they all have silver hardware. Bag.lover will know what season it is from. :graucho:

In Resort 2005, certain SOFT CALF styles were available in both silver and gold hardware; Resort 05 Marc Jacobs Collections Bags Look Book shows both combinations.

Brick Red is from Fall 2005, all the ones I saw in real life have silver hardware, I don't remember seeing other combination in the Look Book. Can confirm with MJ boutiques on the details.

Take a look at prictures of Brick Red Blake (source: ebay/expressdropchicago)

Please keep in mind that a bag's authenticity can only be guaranteed if and only if it was purchased from an authorized retailer of a particular brand (boutiques, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Barney's, Bloomingdale's, Saks, Eluxury, NAP, etc). Buying designer handbags from retail partners is the safest bet.

Costco is one of my favorite stores, but it's spelled out on their site that they are not an authorized dealer of MJ bags. There is always a possibility that their buyer got the bags from the wrong source (just like fake Balenciaga bags on their site several months ago).

"This item is covered by Costco's guarantee to refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Costco's guarantee applies, even though this item may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, because Costco is not an "authorized" dealer of the merchandise."

Lighting can really make a difference in making silver hardware look gold... does the costco description specifically state that it's gold?

Why we should only buy bags from authorized retailerr? There are cases where a bag is authenticated okay at the store, but it turns out to be a fake (discovered later) - there are news articles about these super fakes. I'm sure some would argue that the person doing the authenticating is not good at his/her job.

This is one the reasons why many people would only shop at authorized dealers or buy from people who purchasesd their items from authorized retailers.

Lighting can really make a difference in making silver hardware look gold... does the costco description specifically state that it's gold?

from costco:

• [*] Color: Brick red
    [*] Exterior: Leather
    [*] Tonal stitching
    [*] Top zip closure with signature pull tab
    [*] Two front flap pockets with push lock closure
    [*] Two side flap pockets with push lock closure
    [*] Single handle with rings
    [*] Gold tone hardware
    [*] Dimensions:
    8.5 " L x 4.5" W x 9" H
    [*] Made in Italy