Gucci Bamboo Top-Handle Club: 1947 'till now

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I'm starting this thread in response to flipchick's suggestion

As there are at least 5 of us already let's start a Bamboo Top-Handle club

You may belong to the BTH club if you have a large, med, small, new, old or vintage bamboo top handle, any related extended family member (bamboo handle) ior even if you just like the bag :biggrin:

Any info or photos related to the bag would be greatly appreciated :flowers:

I will start with my treasured new darling

Large (36 cm) Stone Leather Bamboo Top-Handle

attachment.php

With matching mirror case and engraved mirror

attachment.php

Close-up of the stippled effect colour

attachment.php

Close-up of the handle

attachment.php

Gorgeous bag papertiger...

Checked one out at the Gucci store and for some reason I just loved the mirror. Normally it would not be a big deal but it was so heavy and lovely..

Large Canvas Bamboo Top-Handle with matching mirror and leather case.

picture.php

picture.php

Inside pic of the bag - it is a cotton linen lining:
picture.php

btw, thanks for starting this thread PT!

^You have to join! Hopefully we can get this club to be even more popular than the joy boston! :lol:

Here's the last pic of some of the stuff that this bag can hold minus the water bottle and book:
picture.php

^You have to join! Hopefully we can get this club to be even more popular than the joy boston! :lol:

Here's the last pic of some of the stuff that this bag can hold minus the water bottle and book:
picture.php

Such gorgeous bamboo top-handle bags, ladies!! You're all making want to forget about the beige flap bag and get a top-handle bag instead :P I'm going to have to definitely check out the top-handle bags the next time that I visit my local Gucci boutique.

GhstDreamer, I had no idea that one could fit so many things in the large sized top handle bag :nuts: I really do hope that you're able to have your initials put onto your bag.

:love:

Oh my word, my eyes are on stalks, seeing some of the bags together I can see why this bag has been giong strong for 63 years.

GhstDreamer and PattyP thank you for your pictures, both your bags are out-of -this-world beautiful.

I am taking my Stone darling to be monogrammed today and I will let you all know how I get on :biggrin:

:reading:

Let's go over some of the combos that are available ATM for those that may be thinking about wanting one. Please add to this info if I have left anything out. These are versions I have seen in the stores or on line this season.

Large 36cm across 22cm high 16 deep:

Black, White or Stone leather, Grey (shaded) croco, Black python, beige/ebony original fabric with brown leather or croco trim.

Med 27cm across 11.5 high 6.3 deep

Black, White, Grey, Light-brown (natural) or Magenta leather, Tan ostrich, Brown matte croco, Black, Brown, Magenta and Gold (24 K gold leaf covered) shiny croco, beige/ebony original fabric with brown leather trim or or White original fabric with white leather.

picture.php

Oh Ghst your Top Handle is so gorgeous... I see that you have a rare and vintage Orange Coach coin purse ''SWEET"