Food Why are rasins so high in calories?

I didn't realize they were. Do they have the same amount of calories as grapes? I know this is unusual, but I don't care for raisins, but I love grapes!

I find calories doesn't neccessarily being converted to weight. Some people gain weight when they eat carbs, and some other gain weight when they eat greasy food. I have a friend who LOVES to eat bread, and she's one of the smallest person I've ever seen.

So if you find yourself gaining weight from eating too much raisins, then maybe you're one of those who gain weight from eating carbs, since raisins is like concentrated sugar bombs?

no i dont gain weight from eating them i just am so weight concious that i try not too eat so many of them. people tell me im nuts to be weight concious.

I had no idea, I thought they were healthy so I've recently started snacking on them! Oh well.... someone told me they're good for your skin? Whether theres any truth I'm not sure.

One raisin has the same number of calories as one grape, but all the water has been taken out. However, one cup of raisins is not the same as one cup of grapes. You will get far fewer individual grapes in one cup then individual raisins. Hence raisins are a calories dense food for its size.

As for me I could easily eat a cup of grapes but not manage to eat one cup of raisins, I'd feel sick! :smile:

One raisin has the same number of calories as one grape, but all the water has been taken out. However, one cup of raisins is not the same as one cup of grapes. You will get far fewer individual grapes in one cup then individual raisins. Hence raisins are a calories dense food for its size.

As for me I could easily eat a cup of grapes but not manage to eat one cup of raisins, I'd feel sick! :smile:
:yes: :yes: Like consentrated sugar, natural sugar, but still sugar.