LV on your first day at work?

Swedie

Us bound
Dec 9, 2005
Hey guys!

So tomorrow is my first day at my new job. I'll be working at a wonderful pharmaceutical company, everyone I've met there (had to do like 4 days of interviews to get in, so I've met like 15 people there so far LOL) have been very classy and nice. Dress code is business casual, pretty standard.
I bought a new suit (light gray from Benetton, already had a black one from there that I love :love: ) that I will wear on my first day. I have the shoes planned and everything else.. Now as far as handbags, I would love to wear my mono speedy 30 tomorrow.. but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for the first day of work? Will it seem like I'm trying to show off?? Maybe I'm too modest lol. On my interviews I've just brought more neutral black coach purse, since I didn't really think it'd be appropriate to wear something like LV to an interview.. What do you guys think? Should I use my Speedy tomorrow or not?
Now this is a company with a lot of successful people who make a lot of money, so I'm thinking lotsa people have LVs. But, maybe I should wait a week or so..

Or am I just being a nut case who is analyzing this thing WAY too much? :nuts: :shame: :drool: I AM a little nervous after all :hysteric:

No your not being a nut case lol. And congrats on your new job!!! You have done well - and I think you can wear what you like for your purse. I don't think its too much. I know what you mean though. I think a lot of people do not know what LV is - and for the one that do, its a classic LV purse. I have a Speedy, and I love my Speedy. I say, enjoy your Speedy tomorrow on your first day!!!! :yes:

I say you should wear it. I don't think that's going too far - so you have a very nice designer bag - it's a classic and nothing too austentacious. I think it would look beautiful with your classy suit. Good luck on your first day! Hmmm...I think I spelled austentacious wrong.

Reactions: Bevvie
Thanks guys! I appreciate your input! :smile: And thanks for the congratulations, I'm really excited about this job. My first real one after college :biggrin:
Ok, so I have two for and two against.. Hmmmmm! Lol.
I don't know what I should do!

Congrats on your new job. Personally, I would not wear it on your first day of work. I agree with you to wait until you are more comfortable with your position. You already have reservations about wearing it on your first day so your intuition is telling you something.:yes:

Congrats on your new job. Personally, I would not wear it on your first day of work. I agree with you to wait until you are more comfortable with your position. You already have reservations about wearing it on your first day so your intuition is telling you something.:yes:

Good point.. I think I'll wait until maybe the end of the week or the following week. Perhaps casual friday would be an excellent day to introduce my little speedy girl to my new work place :idea:
Thanks amamxr!

im here to tell u that u've been misssssed *hugz*

Thank you Chloe!! :love: :love: I've missed you guys too!! It's been a busy six months for me for sure :sweatdrop: Weddings (two! one in Sweden and one in the US), a move across the Atlantic, buying a house, being a newlywed (a happy one though :biggrin:), getting a job.. Well, it's just been a little crazy! Now I feel like I've stabilized and I'm ready to be a frequent PF poster again :biggrin:

I agree with the wait a week or so crew. Some people are funny about LV and other logo goes (and my mono speedy bag is my very favorite bag). I know at one of the law firms I worked at, there were some kind of catty people that commented on my bags.

Casual Friday would be a perfect time to wear it - perhaps on week two?

I agree with the wait a week or so crew. Some people are funny about LV and other logo goes (and my mono speedy bag is my very favorite bag). I know at one of the law firms I worked at, there were some kind of catty people that commented on my bags.

Casual Friday would be a perfect time to wear it - perhaps on week two?

Yeah, I want people to know me before I bring it I guess.. So that they know that I'm a great girl and not some snooty person. Some people seem to label LV carriers like that, sad but true!

I think Casual friday on week two sounds great! :biggrin: I think I need to buy a couple more work friendly bags to last me until then LOL

Yeah, I want people to know me before I bring it I guess.. So that they know that I'm a great girl and not some snooty person. Some people seem to label LV carriers like that, sad but true!

I think Casual friday on week two sounds great! :biggrin: I think I need to buy a couple more work friendly bags to last me until then LOL

Ohh - I hate the thought of having to buy bags you might not wear again! Do you have a Damier? Most people don't know what that is and I use mine for interviewing too!