signature vs. non what is your choice...

waterlilly

Nov 24, 2006
I think the over abundance of terrible fakes out there has really soured my opinion of signature bags. As a result I have sold my last one, and will likely never get another...I just can't help but think "cheap" when I see sig C's now...anyone else developing the same aversion? I think this is the same reason I just can't get into LV...SO many fakes.

Nope, for me it's sig all the way. I do recognize the beauty in some of the leather bags, but for me a Coach is not a Coach without the sig.

But I can totally understand where you're coming from with all the stupid fakes floating around. It is very frustrating seeing them all over the place.

Yeah, I totally used to think the same way, but the leather bags are just so luxurious - I don't see a single sig. bag that interests me any more...and I feel like - no one is going to replicate my leather bags, so that makes 'em that much more great!

I generally like the leather bags, they just seem more classic and timeless. However, I have on occassion gravitated towards the sig print, esp. the carryall in black - I thought it look awesome!

I like leather but I tend to go for solids.

Out of all my clothes I only have 2 articles of clothing that are prints. (Tho I do like silk scarves.)

In my house there is only one piece of furniture with a pattern to it (slipcover)

and

Out of all my Coach I only have one little signature fabric "Taffy"

yeah, i know what you mean. i do like signature, but lately i've had my fill and am gravitating back to leather. right now only the brown/brown signature has my interest.

I prefer leather now. I have a couple of favorites that I won't part with in signature like my Indigo Patchwork Tote, but for the most part they just don't attract me. It seems everyone in my area carries Coach, real and fake. I don't want to "advertise" my bag's brand if I don't have to. This is the same reason why when I finally had saved enough to put down on LV I had been looking at, I went for the Coach satchel instead. As much as I want an LV, there's just too many fakes running around this area. It takes the joy out of it when most would just assume mine is fake as well.

I really love signature, i guess it is because I am younger. I adore the leather too though. I don't really see any fake leather Coaches, so I guess that is why more people prefer it.

I love the leather, but I do quite like a little touch of signature.. hehe
Not plastered all over the bag, but a nice hint of "coachness" is really cute. haha sorry its getting late, i dont know what the hell im taking about.

It depends on the bag for me, though I am starting to appreciate the leather bags more. I can spot a leather Coach bag from a mile away, and I imagine many others can, too. For some bags the sig print is really appealing, but for others, the understated leather can feel much better.

Nope, for me it's sig all the way. I do recognize the beauty in some of the leather bags, but for me a Coach is not a Coach without the sig.

But I can totally understand where you're coming from with all the stupid fakes floating around. It is very frustrating seeing them all over the place.

i totally agreed with her!!! i love sigs, =D