Can I reshape a leather bag

atlcharm

O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
I'm almost on the verge of taking it to a thrift shop but I've only had it for a year. It looks like a pile of mush when I set it down - it has no shape left. I guess I prefer firmer leathers. This one is really soft and supple which may explain why it has completely lost its shape. Anything I can do to bring it back to life. Here is what the purse looked like in the beginning.

http://www.endless.com/Elliott-Lucca-Elliot-Catina-Satchel/dp/B001H318L4

I've had the same problem with some of my leather bags. The thing that works best for me is to stuff the bag with crumpled newspaper and leave it in a warm place for a while (maybe the trunk of your car). Also stuffing your structureless bags when not in use should help prevent any creases

I've had the same problem with some of my leather bags. The thing that works best for me is to stuff the bag with crumpled newspaper and leave it in a warm place for a while (maybe the trunk of your car). Also stuffing your structureless bags when not in use should help prevent any creases

Thank you JealousGuy. I'm going to try that!

If you want to give the bag some structure there are bag shapers and organizers that you can use inside to give it some support. Do a search here for bag shaper/purse to go/purseket, etc.

I agree with mockinglee. I have a purse to go that I use in one of my hobos that was a little too slouchy. It give it structure and really organizes my stuff!