Do Dior bags come with gift boxes?

watalily

Purse Addict
Feb 7, 2007
I have three Dior bags from years ago, and didn't receive any gift boxes with my purchases. I really wanted to store my bags in their original boxes, so I went back to a Dior boutique to buy some boxes. I was told that the boxes are not sold seperately.

Does anyone know if there is any way I could get hold of some? I searched on ebay without any luck. Thanks! :heart:

I haven't got boxes for any of my bags even though I was offered one when I got my Granville - didn't have room for it in my suitcase ... I have no idea where to get boxes, never thought of it :smile:

For both of my lady dior they came with a box. Perhaps you can write in to the customers service? They seemed pretty helpful imo when i last wrote in to inquire abt reserving a bag at Heathrow.

I don't think they allow the sale of boxes, dustbags, etc. on *bay because the fake sellers would probably buy them to try to make their hideous garbage look more legit. You might try Bonanzle, I think I have seen some LV boxes for sale so a few Diors might crop up.

LaMissy - It is so good to see you again! :hugs:

Thank you all for your input! I always thought all luxury handbags come with gift boxes like Louis Vuitton. But I guess that's not the case.

Chloe_c - Dior does not have a direct customer service email, unlike Balenciaga. Do you mean I should write to a department store like Neiman Marcus? Thanks!

It probably depends on where you got the bag from.

I buy most of my bags in Europe, and get boxes and lovely dior ribbons etc.

However, I have purchased in other parts of the world and not got them, sometimes they just dont have them in stock.

The boxes are lovely, and I cant count the number of them I have thrown away, as they are not ideal for packing into a suitcase, but they are very pretty. White with silver grey Dior/Christian Dior, in a mottled finish.

I also requested a gift box when I purchased my Panarea tote a while ago. My SA told me she didn't have any that fit the bag =( Hopefully for my next one, I'll be able to get a gift box!

I totally agree with you...I always wonder why Chanel-a prestigous brand, carry cardboard boxes while LV and Dior have the nice hard ones?? (Chanel lovers, don't kill me!)

As for gift boxes, the boutique only gives them out when you request for one on purchase, or if they have the size to fit your purchase. Other than that, they only wrap it with the dustbag and put it in the shopping bag with the Dior ribbon on the handles. This is coming from my experience.

Must agree with tillytrotter, their gift boxes r lovely... Very lux, beats the experience of opening a Chanel box.
Oops, just saw my previous posting. It's [email protected] actually. My apologies.

As for gift boxes, the boutique only gives them out when you request for one on purchase, or if they have the size to fit your purchase. Other than that, they only wrap it with the dustbag and put it in the shopping bag with the Dior ribbon on the handles. This is coming from my experience.
:yes: That's the procedure here in Australia.