Review Nars Sheer Glow foundation

meela188

O.G.
Jul 3, 2006
I am usually very loyal to my Bobbi brown Foundations. I love them primarily because I look fresh and I don't actually feel the foundation on my face as i do with other foundations. the down side to that is that the skin foundation is so light weight that it really does not cover any of my hyperpigmentation, it does however make my face look radient. I have combination/oily skin but I still like to use light weight foundations because It doesn't matter how great a foundation looks, i won't go near it if I can feel it on my face. With Nars' sheer glow I get that light weight feeling with the added bonus of actually concealing my hyperpigmentation, this is where BB skin foundation FAILED majorly. It's important for me to have a foundation that will cover the majority of my hyperpigmentation, still feel lightweight while looking natural. for those thinking why not concealer I don't like concealer as i can feel it on my face and it tends to migrate anyway after a couple of hours. My skin looks awesome with sheer glow, and best of all it still looks like MY SKIN. I don't want people to see me and say "oh I love your make up", I'd much rather someone say "Wow you have really beautiful skin", that's when I know i'm doing something right;). Oh i forgot to mention, Nars' sheer glow doesn't make me all oily like BB skin foundation sometimes can. I don't even have to set Nars' foundation and i still look just perfect. Me likey:biggrin:.

I forgot to mention, I am going to grab a sample of Bobbi Brown's new natural finish foundation and compare it to Nars' sheer glow. Natural finish is supposed to be the oily gals answer to Bobbi's Skin foundation.

Thank you for posting this review! I ordered a bottle from beauty.com and am waiting for it to arrive. I'm pretty picky about foundations and have skin pretty much exactly like yours, so I am hoping I love this! I just hope I ordered the right shade.

^^Have you tried google? I googled nars sheer glow swatches and (Karlasugar.blogspot.com) came up. She swatched EVERY single color and i clicked on the pics to enlarge them and put my wrist against each one I felt was in my color range. I matched for macao and it was spot on, it was perfect until my oily skin oxidized it. I ended up exchanging it for cadiz, it's one shade lighter. I dropped by the mall and got a sample of Bobbi's natural foundation, so I will do comparisons tomorrow.

I have been tempted by the review of this foundation too, I use and love Armani lasting silk, I wonder how it compares... I have combo skin.. Anybody use both?

I love NARS sheer glow foundation! this lasted 8 hours on me without having to blot or set with powder light to medium coverage which I love without looking like a mask, cakey or powdery like the results of some foundations. This looked very natural Love it!

A Sephora makeup artist tried to match this foundation on me, but the shades didn't really work out! Eh. My friend loves Sheer Glow though; she was the one to recommend it to me.

I agree with everything you have said. It's my favorite foundation now. However, I do have to mix two shades together which is a PITA :Push:

Me too:-s but instead of buying two bottles, I opted to buy one(the lighter shade) and then ask for a hefty sample of the second shade. This get's the job done becasue I only need a little of the second shade to have a perfect match.