pawn shop finds - photos of your pawn shop treasures

Wow! Where are all these good pawn shops. I live in San Francisco and the pawn shops here have nothing.

Can we list what cities have good pawn shops? Would love to take advantage of going to a good pawn shop next time I have to travel for business

Wow! Where are all these good pawn shops. I live in San Francisco and the pawn shops here have nothing.

Can we list what cities have good pawn shops? Would love to take advantage of going to a good pawn shop next time I have to travel for business

really, in san francisco? now that is surprising.

i think like anywhere, it's hit or miss. you just have to be tenacious and keep trying, like what i do. i live in a small, college town, so believe me, there are rarely (if ever) good finds here. i keep saying i need to just head down to denver and check out their pawn shops, but i never do.

i have heard there is supposedly a pawn shop in vegas (not the one from the show, pawn stars) right on the strip where addicted gamblers hawk their wares like rolex watches, etc. for cash for gambling. when we went there in the summer, i wanted to check it out but we just didn't get around to it.

i have to think living in SF, there are many good items to be found, keep trying.

i think like anywhere, it's hit or miss. you just have to be tenacious and keep trying, like what i do. i live in a small, college town, so believe me, there are rarely (if ever) good finds here. i keep saying i need to just head down to denver and check out their pawn shops, but i never do.

i have heard there is supposedly a pawn shop in vegas (not the one from the show, pawn stars) right on the strip where addicted gamblers hawk their wares like rolex watches, etc. for cash for gambling. when we went there in the summer, i wanted to check it out but we just didn't get around to it.

i have to think living in SF, there are many good items to be found, keep trying.

I heard the same thing about Vegas.

Unfortunately any good stuff in SF goes to the antique stores and they do not have any bargains.

Where do you live? I'm in Boulder!!! :biggrin:

maybe i'm superstitious but what if you bought something and it was like the things left there by someone who had an unhappy life/marriage or had passed away?

Sooner or later we will all die, won't we. All antique jewelry, both also paintings, older houses and furniture have belonged to 'dead people'. But if it makes you uncomfortable, you can choose for new stuff only.

OMG, I am seriously in awe. I personally have never been in a pawn shop. It's like ebay, but better. lol

I am afraid to go because I would be sooooo addicted (like I am addicted to ebay)

this is my five stone diamond ring. I am sorry the photo is not too clear. I bought in a nearby pawnshop for $500 last December. I just got it appraised. $2300, 950 platinum, .50 total weight, 5 princess cut diamonds, H color VS1 clarity.

I also got a 2 carat total weight diamond bracelet for $225 which appraised for $2000 and I bought a ring with a heart diamond for $250 and took the diamond out and made a pendant with it. that diamond is not a great quality, I'm sure, but the pendant looks great (and where can you get a .70 carat solitaire diamond necklace in WG for $350--which it what I paid, including the price of getting it reset.

Attachments

• bjfivestone.JPG
    bjfivestone.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 831