Alexander Mcqueen scarf

biwsuke

material girl**
Jun 6, 2008
Hi,
I'm just curious that after his death, will the Alexander Mcqueen brand be doned for good???? Will they continue to produce?

I really want to buy the skull scarf for his tribute, but thinking that mostly everyone will do the same thing. So, I wonder if there will be some left available in the store since I will be in London next month.

Oh, one more qs, the signature skull scarf one is silk, right???

Thanks

Right now they are saying his assistant will continue the line. Yes the silk/chiffon skull scarf is his best known. I'm sure you can find something, Saks has quite a few on their site, some on Neimans and Net-a-porter.

His original designs will never be the same... So if you can get your hands on a original piece you are very lucky. I just got my hands on his last design which is the canada olympic scarf

It's unclear who will be heading the McQueen empire (there were even rumours Gareth Pugh would be next in line but this has been denied). The fact is that these scarves will definitely be around for quite a while.

The Canada McQueen scarf was one of his last designs, but certainly not his last. If that's what Holts is claiming they're trying to create more hype than necessary. What you currently see in-store or online is still from the Pre-Spring/Resort collection (mainly red, blues and yellows). The scarves for SS10 are being distributed right now and include different colorways (such as turquoise, marine,gray to reflect the mainline catwalk collection). They also include the seasonal scarves, such as the reptile digital print skull design. All of these were designed and developed while McQueen was still alive, although I'm certain the scarves were more a job he left to his assistants, whie he himself focused on the couture.

I'm sure the Pre-Fall collection and the FW10 collection which was just presented in Paris today (and was truly stunning) will come with yet more scarves so don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to get your hands on one.

If you're in London, you'll definitely have a great selection. If you don't find what you like in the McQueen flagship, I've had plenty of luck in Liberty, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols or Harrods. Just make sure you go to the accessories department on the ground floor and not the clothing section. Good luck!

McQueens brand will go on. Gucci has said they will find a solution but they have not found the right designer yet!
But the designs will never be the same with the same nice ideas as Alexander had!

R.I.P :crybaby::crybaby:

It is lovely, but I ended up returning it. I thought the best parts of the design - the incredible blue pattern was mostly hidden when I tried it on the way I would normally wear it. I really really wanted to make it work as I really admire AM's work, but I thought in the end it did not justify the price. :sad:

But it may work for you... you should buy and try it out for yourself.

It is lovely, but I ended up returning it. I thought the best parts of the design - the incredible blue pattern was mostly hidden when I tried it on the way I would normally wear it. I really really wanted to make it work as I really admire AM's work, but I thought in the end it did not justify the price. :sad:

But it may work for you... you should buy and try it out for yourself.

You were so right! I took your advise and ordered it. It came today & I LOVE it! :love:

Thank you so much for the wise suggestion! :flowers: